New Player Feedback :) 8/10

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Azareilia, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azareilia

Azareilia Avatar

Good evening SOTA developers,

I think I have played enough to give a decent feedback, so here we go :)

Positives

-The player community you have in SOTA is extremely strong, please continue to include the community in this game and continue to promote the great overall social experience.

-The combat in my opinion is amazing. It gives a more classical combat feel which in today's modern gaming scene is a welcome breath of fresh air. Playing as an archer has been so fun for me and I thank you for making a combat system like this that brings back the old school approach with some unique options.

-The housing is by far the best. I've played ALOT of Everquest 2 which also has great housing options, but I do think so far SOTA has the superior housing options for an MMORPG. So many things you can customize.

-Crafting is good in my opinion. I like that crafting is not too complex for someone like me who does casual crafting.

-Outfits in SOTA are very well done for the Avatars. I enjoy the vast options of outfits even though I only have 1 ATM lol!

-The overall unique classical MMORPG feel that SOTA has is by far my favorite aspect of the game. Thank you for making SOTA and I hope things continue to get better for the developers/community.

-SOTA Rewards program. I like it, I know it might be a little weird to like a program where you are paying monthly but I just enjoy subscribing to MMOs that I play. A little weird but its just how I roll :)

Things to work on or add

-Loading times can be a little rough, if loading times can be just a little less I think the overall quality of life for the gamer will improve.

-World chat. I think a world chat with the player having an option for it to be turned off needs to be added. Like I said this game has an AMAZING community which from what I have seen likes to socialize. Please give this community another option to grow and socialize with each other.

-Questing is ok but not good. The quests themselves and the questing zones are not bad at all, but the quest management system in my opinion is well.....not very manageable. I like the journal system but I just wish we could organize our journal better :)

-In the future I would love to see SOTA get a good mount system in place. Some nice monthly mount races would be nice!

Conclusion

This game is going in the right direction and I hope it continues to grow. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. I apologize for the grammatical errors....I wasn't the best student in school :(.

As of now I give SOTA an 8/10.

V/R,

Azareilia

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome Azareilia!

Here's some good news for you:

Devs (last week) announced they will be implementing global chat, look for it this month or next I think.

They know the journal needs help, it looks like it's on next year's to do list.

Mounts might happen for episode 2. There is a "stretch goal" store on the main page and the raised amount has a long way to go, but is slowly adding up.

If you don't have an SSD I highly recommend getting one, not just for sota but it makes everything computer related better,including sota load times.

Happy gaming!

majoria70 and Azareilia like this.
  3. Azareilia

Azareilia Avatar

Thank you for the advice and good news Vladamir!

Hope to see you in-game :)

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You're welcome, and feel free to add me, Vladamir Begemot! See you soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.