New player feedback

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Xkhan, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Received the free to play until 3/9/17 email. I had registered a while ago for this game as it looked very good. Huge fan of UO and was attracted to this.

Didn't take until day 2 where I got my brother, wife, and best friend to buy the game as well. We are all hooked and 'learning' together.

Feedback-
    I really enjoyed the way the character generation happened. I would have liked to see more options for hair / facial hair but otherwise it was fun.

Solace Bridge -
    I am a completionist (s?) - I don't want to miss anything. When I saw the ladder to the burning building I spent the next 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get in. Finally gave up - but laughed when my brother called me and was trying to do the same thing. We both saved the girl - no problems there.

Bridge-
    So I felt a lot was coming at once and if I couldn't figure out what/how to kill something I was going to be in trouble...I soon realized it was actually no anxiety and just relax and I could kill and loot.

SolTon -
    Pretty cool city - love the npcs though some of their noises is annoying (some guy kept barfing and wouldn't stop). Was neat to walk around. didn't like seeing 'automaton' - what the heck....this isn't a futuristic robot game...I realize (hope) they are just placeholders.

Quests- talking to npcs-
    I THOUGHT I had patience for this sort of thing but after 3-4 conversations I quickly grew bored and didn't want to talk to anyone. I did have one thing was fun - this guy was in love with Emma and had a poem for her so I got the poem, found Emma, but couldn't give her the poem....frustrating -

Bank-
    So the encumbrance is a real nuisance. I love the idea but would be nicer if there was quicker way to get rid of things. Be nice to see weight on main screen. Be nice to know whether I really need to keep these letters and books...

Found the graveyard - super fun - catacombs - again - loved loved it....the elves killed me so I came back the next day with me POSSE (wife, brother, best friend) and we had soooo much fun - until we found Tharsis Something red like the fires of hell who one shotted us all...yeah.....I don't think he's killable and maybe not should be there...we were waiting to find this elf princess lady that was you know - killable.

so - we are now playing with 'decks' and trying to figure out how to not have slugs but not have a dozen glyphs in there that I don't particularly want to advance in....

So that's it - we are going to try and find some skull 2 areas tonight. :)

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Welcome to SOTA! So glad to have you and your positive and receptive vibes in our community. And your family!

I agree. While I think the "clockwork technology" in the game is an interesting angle, its way too overused. They need to play it down significantly.

Yah, its a bummer in its very early access state. Its something they plan to iterate on thoroughly throughout the development. Its come a bit of a way already.

In future releases, there will be the ability to rent out rooms from other players. I plan on offering low rent housing to players who make a positive contribution to the community, so hit me up ~R40 when this is implemented. Once you have a room, you can place all sorts of containers in it and drastically increase your storage capacticy.

You could always support the game and get your own PoT lot deed in the add on store ;).

As for personal encumberance, check out the tactics skill tree, namely the strength and heavy lifter skills. These can quadruple your carrying capacity when they both are in the level 50-60 range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.