New player questions continued

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by grandmaJOY, Aug 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

I've made quite some progress leveling and learning all the basics over the last couple days. Right now the biggest barrier is carry capacity. I do a LOT of back-tracking to find someone to sell to=( So the first question shall be:

1. How do I sprint? (I get the feeling you can't sprint but that is unbelievable so I'm asking)

Related to my first problem of carrying is of course bank space:

2. How to get bank to auto-stack without me having to drag and drop every single item?

3. How do you put pins on map?

4. How do you open fullscreen map without clicking and dragging to make it big and then doing again to make it small -- every...single...time? I can not navigate at all without a map, I get completely lost in mere seconds without a road (and sometimes, even then - this boggles the mind of my beautiful husband who knows I navigate IRL quite well).

5. Is it really true you can't delete quests? Again, I researched before asking and found several older posts saying it wasn't possible. I took the first Deliver Mail quest offered to me and it seems it is going to be a looong time before I can deliver it so I was hoping to delete quest and be more careful next time I take one.

6. Are Mods available for the game? I generally use Nexxus mods but didn't see any there.

Thank you all for any help you can provide!

Adam Crow likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

1. Double tap w, and hold it on the second tap.

2. I believe there is an auto stack option somewhere in the esc menu somewhere. Sorry can't be more helpful with that one

3. You can't

4. Unfortunately maps pretty much stink in this game. What you see is pretty much what you get. Some areas don't even have a map

5. Yes, you cannot delete them. but where is your deliver mail quest? All areas are very easily accessible, so if you need a hand finding a town I'm sure myself or someone in game can help you out very quickly.

6. We have some mods called Lua that have some really great features. Ocx is one of my favorites. Check out the Lua section of the forums to get more info.

Hope you are having fun!

grandmaJOY likes this.
  3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

The main map at shroudoftheavatar.com/map is all you need to find most any town. There is a search text box so you can type in the name of a city or part of the name and it appears in a list. Click the name of the city and the map will highlight that city.

The town crier is not that hard to find in most towns. But, I made a list of the locations of many of the town criers so I could find them easier.

Aerie Enter at Traveller's Fields (default) straight up the road by bus stop
    Bramble main entr, straight, left right then down the rocky path to the center of town in the fenced area. Crier is by sales stalls.
    Brittany Alley Default entrance, he is right there to the left
    Brittany Estates Default Entrance. Wait a moment, there he is just to the right a few yards ahead.
    Brittany Fields Default entrance. Take a left, follow the road as it curves right around the fields towards a large fence. Enter the fence gates. Proceed straight a short way to the crier by the well.
    Brittany Fields West entrance. Proceed East following road to large fenced area. Enter and go straight to the crier by the well.
    Brittany Wharfs Default entrance, proceed directly ahead past the archway and there he is.
    Broochash Default entrance (North), follow either winding road generally south and go west across bridge. Continue to city center and see crier near crafting.
    Broochash West Entrance. Follow left fork down hill and continue on towards docks. Turn right two blocks from docks and see crier on right by pedistal.
    Brookside On Stage Platform NW of main bridge in city center. Use East entrance. Follow road west,nw,west past lunar rift to city center.
    Eastmarsh (Close to crier) Go straight East across bridge. Continue East to Town Square see crier by devotional.
    Eastmarsh (Further from crier) Docks. Go straight East three blocksturn left go three blocks to Town Square, devotional and crier.
    Elad's Lighthouse Go straight up second fork from left, turn right two blocks from dock, go up stairs to well to find him.
    Elad's Lighthouse Docks: Go straight away from water to next main road turn left follow main road up stairs to well see town crier to left of well.
    Estgard Default entrance. Take third of the 4 forks, go down hill bear left slightly, turn right at well, go 4 blocks to another well and crier.
    Estgard Docks: Go straight and into wooden gate. Go forward two blocks take a left on main street. Go 4 blocks to well and crier.
    Etceter Follow standard entrance road past lunar rift and devotional and slight left behind one building then right down alley toward water then left toward docks see town crier is a satyr fawn standing at the corner of a building near the start of the wooden dock walkway.
    Fortus End Enter default west exit, take second of the 4 forks, go down hill bear left slightly, turn right 2 blocks before dock, go 3 blocks to devotional & crier
    Fortus End Enter at the docks. Go straight away from the docks two blocks, turn left, go three blocks to devotional and crier.
    Graff Island Just west of central bridge (at docks area)
    Goti Main Entrance, follow road bearing right then curve left and across bridge, look on right dock.
    Goti Choose docks, he's right there.
    Harvest Main Entrance, go straight into town, bear right at city center to round fountain with town crier
    Jaanaford Straight across bridge by bonfire or by sales tent
    Mud Main Entrance (sw entrance), go forward and right at middle of town to docks, find town crier in front of provisions shop like Solania.
    Noreach Main entrance, take second of the 4 forks, go straight, turn right two blocks from docks and see town crier 500 yards on the right.
    Noreach Central Bridge, go straight 4 blocks to city center and see town crier by pedistal.
    Northwood Enter default north exit, proceed generally straight follow road to bridge, dont cross bridge, go left to docks.
    Point West Main Northeast Entrance, bear right then left following road to bridge go straight across to town square devotional of Valor.
    Point West Docks: Go forward two blocks take a left on main street. Go 4 blocks to well and crier.
    Port Graff Just south of Northeast Entrance
    Resolute Main entrance, 25 steps straight ahead by the vendors.
    Vertas Town Crier is in small camp just south of North Entrance.
    Westend
    Yew Default entrance, proceed straight to gazebo, see town crier on the right.

grandmaJOY likes this.
  4. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Wow, thank you for the quick response.

I am indeed having fun; finding a new game I enjoy is rare thus I'm trying to take this slowly (so I don't get burned out on the learning curve=)

I am playing off-line so do not have the luxury of asking people in game. I very much appreciate all the fine folk that still visit the Forums to answer questions.

Hope you have a lovely Saturday!

Adam Crow likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

For quests, do be sure to press J and read the journal entry for quests. The entries should have enough information on what you need to do next.

I would highly recommend playing in online as it’s a much more fun and many people to talk to as well. We have probably one of, if not the best online community you will ever see in a mmo.

Adam Crow likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also your teleport to zone scroll memorizes any visited locations. Drag it to your non-combat bar and when unencumbered you can click on it to see locations and a description of them by holding down the control key. You can craft these easily. The recipe is purchased at an alchemy shop.

Maps have been an ongoing project in this game that are still in the works. Some scenes will have them and others haven't gotten them yet. So check and as always ask away here, on zone chat in an area (/z), or universe chat (/u). I'm Majoria in game. Have fun and hopefully you've gotten your free deed from doing quests to place storage chests.

As always anyone is welcome to place their land deed in Wizard's Rest located behind Owlshead in Hidden Vale. I mention this since all lots are set to claimable without having to contact the governor and I want players to not worry about asking and just dig in. I'm sure other towns also have no hassle lot claimability too.

grandmaJOY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.