New Player Questions on PvP (Dev input wanted)

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Money Mike, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Money Mike

Money Mike Avatar

Hello everyone,

I just started playing this game last week and I’m liking the concept so far. I was a huge fan of the UO games and the depth of them.

My main concern are the plans for PvP. I’ve been seeing a lot of doom and gloom already which could turn me away. I just want a fair, unbiased opinion from someone who is experienced in the PvP aspect. In Ultima, I absolutely loved the PvP system and I think that brought in a lot of population and also kept people playing. I don’t mind some of the concepts I’ve read in SotA on PvP, but it looks like the developers don’t have much concern for PvP content. Is this true?

Can someone explain PvP decks and glyphs in depth and how you use them? Are there cheese builds that you have to use? Are any builds viable (mage, ranger, archer, etc.) or does everyone have to have the same moves? Is gear a huge factor or is it capped?

Also to the players who are active in PvP now, how is it? Population? Balance issues? Areas worth fighting for (Shardfalls, ruins, etc.)? GvG?

If any Devs actually read this (lol), any plans to have full loot zones, engage on world map, player sieges, arenas (2v2,3v3) etc.?

I apologize in advance for the series of questions, I just want to get a true understanding of what I’m getting into as I am going to try to recruit a lot of my PvP friends. I just want to see a game thrive in both PvE and PvP. Good PvE brings good PvP. I could see myself settling here for awhile if there are plans to cater to PvPers too.

Thanks everyone!

Numa likes this.
  2. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Pvp population is low at the moment.

Avg pvper are in the adventure lvl range of 85-105 .

The fall seem to be the best place to find pvper. Mostly really high lvl players tho.

Theres no official gvg right now.

Loot is gears ransom. The more your gear is worth. Ie artifac +10 gear. Will cost you more to get back.

For deck building. It pretty much a rock, paper, scissor system,. Sort of. Most have skills high enough to face any situation. A deck ready for any type of opponent.

Beside that, pvp combat is really fun. But can be frustrating if you face top 1% players.

Numa likes this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Theres a few balance issues and FotM builds used, but you can be viable with most playstyles.

PvP territory/resource control is due to arrive in 3 months.

PvP zones have a few minor loot advantages.

Its totally viable to currently make a living off stalking and mirdering (or robbing) pvp flagged folks in towns and adventure zones as many are flagged for the xp bonus. It does require activly searching zones for ? In nearby player lists tho. And stealth is impossible to detect from a distance

Numa likes this.
  4. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Hi @Money Mike,

The Release of the game brought two new things for PvP - Quel Shardfall and Blood Bay housing.

Blood Bay in particular, if you haven't yet visited, is pretty interesting as it involves someone from Portalarium who manually "governs" the town and crafts emergent quests and scavenger hunts all in the zone which is PvP only.

I never thought I would do much PvP but I spend quite a bit of time in Blood Bay right now. If you're interested I managed to claim an inn in Blood Bay and in turn offer free housing to anyone who would like to try living in Blood Bay.

Cheers,

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.