[New player] Questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by fragnot4477, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fragnot4477

fragnot4477 Avatar

I think this game looks promising, and something ive missed the last few years. But i do have some quick questions, if anyone wants to help out.

Is this being wiped at some point for a official launch?
    Or has it launched, and this is "early access" that some games have.

Class question : Are they being balanced often, or are all of them well balanced right now? Im no FotM player, but at the same time, i prefer to play a class thats fun and well balanced, rather than a class thats in a really bad state. If that makes any sense at all :-/

So is it possible to build somekind of "battle-mage" type of character, that still has some surviveability (i dislike total classcannons).

Would love some help

Numa likes this.
  2. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

There will be no more wipes but a player who has already pursued some quest will be able to reset back to a "no quests completed" state. All skills and experience points will remain.

Some of us have been playing for years, both when wipes occurred every quarter, and post final wipe, which occurred on July 28, 2016. So, the game has been "released" for quite awhile. "Official" release is projected for the end of the year, but Portalarium has repeatedly said that Official release will only occur when they and we (the players) feel it's ready.

As for character build, others can better advice.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I believe @monkeysmack can tell you about being a battle mage.

Balance is ongoing for skills. Generally, you are free to invent what you want, there are certain skills that are more powerful at any time, and may get nerfed later, only to be replaced by others. My advice is to learn what's interesting, and do lots of experiments!

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No more wipes.
    Yes this is early access.
    The game has been in persistence for a year now.

Everything is still being balanced.
    There are still big changes happening every now and then.

Note that this is kinda class less which means that there are always new hybrids that are the flavor of the month.

The kinda class that is most stable right now is archer.

Battle Mage in chain mail torso and cloth limbs etc with added archery is very viable and less squishy.
    Where the archery would be for grind with low cost and the high tier spells a high cost boss battle type of thing.

Pure Mage in pure cloth is much less popular.

Numa likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Spoon has good advice.

But then @Chris will put in appropriate mage bonuses for cloth, and suddenly it will be popular. It's a constantly shifting landscape, so be prepared to adapt.

I really live the freedom, I just wish I had the time to level all the builds I would like to be!

Paladin Michael likes this.
  6. fragnot4477

fragnot4477 Avatar

Just to make it 100% clear for my tiny brain. A wipe WILL NOT happen once it has its official release ?

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  7. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Someone said --> mage bonuses <--? (Former thread about this!)
    I am for it :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Correct, no wipes.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  9. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Yes. I'm a pure mage player that doesn't use melee. In most cases I can solo and tank mobs using a shield and light armor skills. I can farm adventurer experience, gold, or items with this build. But, I can't solo several types of bosses (unlike melee builds). Bosses have high magic resist. Although I can fight bosses as part of a group.

10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Welcome to New Brittania Outlander!

create a battlemage - there are several trees and skills all of us need more or less, but you have the posibillitie of slight variations, but as long as you limit yourself, whats intended imho and neccessary if you think of death decay, then you will allways experience that you can do some things very well, but others maybe require other magic or skills in general.
    There were a lot of discussions about the Jack of all Trades and such, sure you can do it, but you will suffer a lot of XP decay when dying;
    correspondingly to provided XP points into skills (not what you have pooled).
    Study the Magic trees and decide what you would like.

At least you want to skill the Stat Buffs of Sun, Earth and Air and some Healing maybe?
    Air is powerfull, but costy - Fire does good DoTs, but a lot of unfriendly Mages are somewhat fireproof, also the Elementals, buts thats true for every elemental schhool.
    Water (what i use in the 1st line) is a good combat school like Earth and also Fire.
    Sun, Moon, Death are more the type of an additional school, Moon has a usefull Magic Resistance Buff.
    Attunement is important! So although you need or want skills from different schools its wise to choose one you want more attunment for.
    So skill the skills in this school as high as you can and spport yourself with enchanted gear and maybe artifacts (i for myself havent found any until)

There are a lot of things to consider - i am no min maxer, but i think i have a devent understanding playing a mage and i would say although i use light armor, never a shield and no physical weapons at all i am a battlemage too :p

Numa likes this.
  11. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Someone said "battlemage"? Well, there could be done something for better roleplaying <--? (Click for a former thread about this!)

12. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

welcome to the game fragnot4477 remember to post any questions here in the forums and I have created a youtube page dedicated to the game where your answers might be found.

I look forward to meeting you in the game

I also accept all friend requests so you will know when I am online to ask questions in the game.

enjoy creating your own custom charter in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.