New player thoughts...

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Nytingale, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nytingale

Nytingale Avatar

*First of all I have had a wonderful time so far. The guild Crimson Crossing is soo kind and ever so helpful. Just a lot of great people!
    Having tested a lot of games, a few small issues I think need to be corrected before long .. etc.

*#1 Targeting issues. There should not be a delay is targeting, or it be impossible!!!!!!
    It should not be impossible to change a target during battle. And especially if you are a healer. I find the targeting and changing targets so ineffective in SotA . There just should not be a problem with this issue at this point of game development, IMO I use keys to change target so it is not a delay in mouse/ PC Nor is it my PC since to play SotA I have had to buy a brand new gaming system! I have attempted to use the mouse to change targets which is less effective in battle. Regardless, there should never be a targeting issue in MMORP's
    not at this developmental stage. This will make or break a game FAST !

*2nd .. the ability to change UI colors, to enhance and individualize our screens, is important to game players of all ages.

* 3rd... The sieges have an issue with some NPC's having a non stop powerful confusion. Is it possible someone messed up on agro / confusion spell? Just seemed over whelming even to a high level of group players this past weekend. Was really strong.

* 4th .. I like so many aspects of the game. The bag space and potential to add bag space great especially for a collector like me!

*5th.. I really want to find ALOT more quests.. not having keys on maps to find quest NPC's just makes it harder to find... maybe more fun, because I am not a PVP player. I do like the grouping ideas, the exp. gain off higher lvl players. etc.

*6th.. I like the crafting. We can work on all crafts if we so wish!

** 7th.. Thank you Developers What an awesome game! ***

2. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Great feedback! And welcome to the game!

I agree targeting needs some love. When fighting groups of mobs my target will switch at will it seems, but if I actually want to change a target I have trouble (can't cycle through mobs, next target key does not work well - nor does mouse).

Questing definitely needs love too, but we are told they are working on it. I wish I could at least ask a guard about the location of an NPC, I have not found one yet who knows anything :p

Again, welcome to Shroud of the Avatar! Still a WIP, but the devs keep us updated regularly on their progress and do seem to really take our feedback into serious consideration.

3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Welcome Nytingale :)

you told a lot of reasons, why we're here, too - and we are still here, too. And furthermore :)
    Watch the next Release this week and the new outskirts with further quests ...
    Farewell!

4. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

5. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

I discovered last night (while siege engineers were handing me my arse in pieces) that— once you target an enemy— double-tapping your "enemy target" key (whatever you that mapped to, "T" for me) cycles to the next nearest enemy in your field of view. It needs to be a single tap of the key instead of a double tap, but it's something! ;)

Serena Strangelove likes this.
  6. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Thanks for the tip!

Rennik likes this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

#1 If you're trying to use that "target what's in the center of your screen" thing, yeah, I don't know why it needs to lag so much. It is truly impossible to target anything with that. They recently changed key mappings, it used to be TAB changed between reticle mode and cursor mode, and G selected a different enemy in front of you. Now TAB selects the next enemy, and no key is mapped by default to switch in and out of cursor mode.

I leave mine set the older way and am constantly using the tab key to go in and out of cursor mode.

The even older (changed more than a year ago) way had cursor by default and right-click-drag to rotate the screen. The biggest problem with that mode was when you right-clicked on an area that took right clicks, the screen didn't move and something else happened instead, like a menu popping up. The second worst part was what it did to your wrist to right-click drag, ouch. This still works if you leave it in cursor mode, but I'm not sure why you would want to.

#2 It's still too early in game development for UI customization. And I say that after having played for "only" two years. (started in R20)

#3 Ugh, yes, that confusion is a pain in the ass, but at least it just switches your controls around and you can adapt. Be sure to stay away from fauns. And sieges were only recently buffed up to the point where I can't make a dent in them solo anymore because I keep getting double-teamed when I try to take out an engineer. I can't get less than two to chase me, and they both snap back at the same time when I go too far. I do have a problem with the idea of Siege Engineers quickly respawning, it's not like they're replaceable grunts.

#4 If you have a lot deed or share housing with someone else who does, you can have almost unlimited storage. 300 stacks per container times a dozen or two containers is a lot.

#5 Still too early in development, they're working to get the mainline story quests in right now. After release they are not stopping development and plan to keep adding stuff. (And I don't mean episode 2, that will be a separate continent when they get to it.)

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.