New Player to the new Lord British MMO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by agis3140, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agis3140

agis3140 Avatar

Greetings all

As being one of the original chesepeake (then Oceania later on) players of Ultima Online in 1997, Im interested in seeing Richard Garriot new project unfold, just heard about it when trialing out many early access games, I thought why not purchase a steam early access to this game, not knowing that there was going to be a complete wipe in a day's time, I started yesterday (a fools errand most likely ended up being but oh well). I tend to love the open world, RPG games and over the last few days ive tried out quite a few, Archeage got me hooked for a day or 2, Elite Dangerous was so diffucult just to get through the training missions let alone play the actual game..:) , Subnautica was iuteresting, Reign of Kings and Rust just pure player killing, Life is Feudal was pretty boring, Planet Explorers was fun for many days, Stranded Deep got so boring, Frontiers barely got out of the starter area and so many bugs in that game.

Then doing a search came across Shroud of the Avatar and seeing a video with richard garriot and the designer for Ultima Online being involved, along with the author of the Dragonlance novels (bought back memories when i was in school) now almost 18 years later they both are back, and im interested, I hope this game succeeds because i have high hopes that lord british and his team can make a new unique RPG experience (with PVE in mind, im not really a PVP person), Another old time developer also has tried the kickstarter campaign and i followed him (Name Peter Molyneux) and have been very disappointed in Godus, so you see my cautious approach to old devs putting there name on a product many many years in the future,

I played about 4-5 hours of SotA and got a bit lost with no ingame map, and between each zone an overview map, not knowing how hard certain mobs were until i actually attacked a giant scorpion and died instantly, couldnt even find a tree to cut down, or a rock to harvest for ore , worked out how to skin a bunny ..lol.

The inventory im sure will have a major overhaul as well as looting, those backpack screens and loot windows look ugly. I will definately put quite a number of days after the wipe today into this game into next week, hopefully i will work out the kinks and how to play this game as a previous Ultima online player , im not hoping for this to be a spin off, but a new playing experience, the engine so far is quite nice and hopefully i can watch some player videos for the next hour the server is offline for Release 17 , I might get a better feel when i log in , in the next hour or 2, sorry about my ramblings, but i assume lots of you are waiting for the servers to come online, so will probably view this post cause they have nothing else to do :)

cheers:)

Agis

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.