New players - Try the bow! -Feedback from a new mage.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by scubaman, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Interesting. Familiars could be an interesting addition.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar @scubaman. I really enjoyed reading your authentic and honest post. It was great to hear of your struggles when doing this game a lone. I think that is really important. Most games you play you can figure out after a while without searching the internet imo. Don't forget to visit the oracle. The $500 gold and xp per day is so helpful. I am a spender. Gold burns a hole in my pocket. What I do when visiting the oracle is click on ***test*** then look at the question to see which it mentions love, truth, or courage. For me if it mentions love or courage I can say yes I do in answer or just yes, but if it mentions truth I have to say no or no I do not or I won't get the reward. I have not evidently done any truth quests as of now. that is all I have to say to the oracle for now.

Also as others have mentioned you need to get inates from other skill trees, fire being one of the most important resistances imo to avoid being destroyed by fire spamming mages. So if you take the first couple of rows in skill trees to get the inates it will help. I don't do death since I have a lot invested in life to do back up heals for groups. To survive atm in this game Hybrid is an easier way out. Some are stubborn about it needing to be different and I could wish it too but being able to survive is important to me since I do combat related things often. There are other suggestions people offer that are great too but this is just my experience. I have given up the idea to play a pure anything and since we have no caps this is what I do.

Also don't forget or just so you know players can share recipes with you that are teachable. I am majoria in game and I would be happy to share all I can. That will save you lots of gold. Just beware it can take a few minutes since some of us have been here a long while and have large recipe books. your recipe book can be found by hitting the 'b' key or going to a crafting table, but 'b' pulls up the whole book. Also we can share emotes that are teachable and while you think you may not need them eventually you will want to perhaps know a few. Your emotes are found under the 'o' key for some reason ;). You can also do /wave or /bow or /blowkiss for example if you have those emotes or forward slash any emote that you have.

You probably know the 'k' key by now and the 'u' key to make decks and later you may want town clothes to quick change into for some reason or other. I have about 3 different styles at all times to change into since I want to try to find some uniqueness in this game and it is not always an easy thing to do.

kind of a dark picture but this is one of my favorite styles right now:
    [​IMG]

Don't forget to use 'z; key to generate health and stamina quicker between battles and you can right click other players to add to friends for teleports or for friends or both. I love being someones teleport so friend me anytime. Also we have music and also I do give out some sheet musics for people to try anytime. Just equip instrument and click on sheet music and you are playing. 'f' is for friends list. Congratulations on your bundle. I know that was a big step money wise. I totally understand it is a big step. I pledged in 2013 and went way over what I imagined I would ever spend on any game, but I am not sorry now and do not want my pledge money back. Luckily there were at that time payment plans lol ;). Again welcome and let me know if I can assist anytime.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Lord-Galiwyn and Grumpy like this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Thank you @scubaman for your feedback!

One main reason, why it is really hard to start as a "mage" (or exactly: on the path of truth), is the following (click this link to receive detailed information!):
    There are great differences for a new character by choosing a path! Starting the path of truth is acutally the worst choice!
    I wrote a few threads about this in the past.

I am still hoping, these starting differences will be cleared.
    There should be no difference in skill amounts for a starting character, equal, which path a player is starting with.
    Also on each path a player should have the possibility to decide, what kind of weapon (s)he wants to use ...

Also some differences with crafting skills can be found here.

Beside this: have fun and try to lvl up an elemental as soon as possible :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Chief Owens

Chief Owens Avatar

Glad I read this. All that time in magic and I pick up a bow and I am disappointed. Not what I wanted to read loving magic the way I do.

Stundorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.