New server PvP + Multiplyers Only

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abydos, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

We should make the whole server ONLY PvP !!! :)

2. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

That was the worst thing that happened with UO and many people left because of it...

Bodhbh Dearg and Apollyon9515 like this.
  3. Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose Avatar

Siege Perilous was 1 of how many servers? And this was how many years after they created care bear land, I think we used to call it :) (meaning this happened well into the games production) We are so far away from something like this it's somewhat silly to post and I don't even think with the current design there would need to be a separate server. One of these forthcoming chapters with new territory could just be something like PvP Island. Still we need the population to support it.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't think a separate server would be the answer. All the pvp stuff is not in yet, just like every single other system in the game. None are complete, not one single system is complete atm. Now when it is complete then perhaps a valid suggestion appropriate to the situation at hand, but it is too early to say separate servers, just imo. I'm not much of a pvper, but I have done some pvp in games and had some fun. And if you have friends that have left as I know many of us have, gone does not always mean gone forever. Gone can mean I'll be back when the fun begins ;).

5. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

No No No No NO NO !

This would be about the worst idea in the history of really bad ideas, look at it like this, if Uo had had just trammel and had split into felucca how many would have gone there, yup less than stayed. All youd get is a server with people who just want to PvP
    ie what you basicly get if you hit PvP flag on and no other community. What made uo great wasnt just the PvP it was the fact that all communities had to coexist in the one space with pvp rules, and that aint happening again these days, not in
    any vaguely successful mmo as those who dont wish to pvp / want to rp / craft etc in peace will just go play another game.

Simple 1 server for all is much better than 2 servers for noone. Darkfall anyone ?

6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

No No No No NO NO !

wrong in all your assumptions

what of those that want to RP but cant with all immortals running around yes blues are a complete RP death for me.
    meeting a guy with pvp flag up atm = 100% chance for pvp if all on the server was pvp flagged it would be a different story

7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

How about a big island that would be open PvP with full lot, castle sieges and territorial conquest? This island would be open PvP only. There could be multiple zones on the island and guilds could try to take control of those zones by conquering the castle in the middle of each zone. There would be a constant fight over those zones. The guild that holds one zone gets some kind of bonus. If a guild holds more than one zone, it gets a much higher bonus etc. Also in every scene there could be one exclusive resource and those who want to get control of every resource have to try to conquer the whole island.

Now you might say - Lord_Darkmoon is one who proposes freedom of exploration and now he proposes an island with multiple scenes for multiplayer only? I do have an idea for this zone when it is visited in single player (offline). Then there could be corpses everywhere indicating a big battle that happend here with clues as to outlanders having fought for control of the areas. Maybe others would then get interested in participating in the online battles there, too.

8. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

I find it utterly amusing how PvP-folks so often bring up roleplaying as a reason for their playstyle ... "I want to play a psycho-massmurder, so let me!" "I want to go around and rob all those victims too dump to play the game, because I can" ...
    That has nothing todo with roleplaying, that's only sick, if you really need to be able to attack all and everyone for your "roleplaying experience"... You don't need your own roleplaying-PvP-server, you probably need some professional help!

Elwyn and Sir Cabirus like this.
  9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

And this is not attacking? I don't care at all what you think of my playstyle, I probably have worse thoughts of yours I just dont tell it to your face :) reported btw

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  10. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Oh yes, that's very grown up... indeed...

11. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

How exactly was my comment any childish? the wording I had in my head sure was but I try to act as best I can on the forums much unlike your very provocative first comment.
    If you have nothing to add to the subject of the thread please stay out of it for respect of OP
    Thank you

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  13. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

It's that "reported btw."... I just stated my opinion, one that you obviously don't share and got reported for it... that's what I call childish. And on to of that it kind of supports my experiences with a lot of so called roleplayers hiding their own... well whatever it is that drives them to such a playstyle and call it roleplaying. There is still absolute no gain or reason for seperate PvP-Servers here, except for the argument, that it interferes with thec roleplaying experience of those who seem to wish to be able to attack all and everyone (for whatever reason) ... Such folks drove me off UO, off Eve and a couple of other games and they also called it roleplaying... No, Mr. Flimbultyr, I don't see it.

Elwyn likes this.
  14. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

It's completely clear to me that you don't see it
    You don't need to understand it you just need to accept it and not tell people who have different ideas of fun to go seek professional help.
    I don't need to remind you this is a game do I? If i wanted this for real life I would understand you reason for concern

15. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Ah ok, now we are on that road... sure. I don't understand, I don't need to understand. you want to play your way and that is indeed ok with me and not my concern. But: splitting up servers WILL effect the game severly. Not only it will split up the comunity and economy of the game, it also means additional costs for hardware and support. There is nothing you can do on a ure PvP-server, that you couldn't do now, beside you cannot just attack anyone you see anywhere you want right now. In my opinion that's simply disturbing (game or not) and I stick to my former advice. There is nothing personal about that and no insult intended. It's just my point of view.

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Also likely a separate codebase which complicates everything from version control to QA and UAT... for a very small team with a very limited budget.

Bodhbh Dearg and Nadomir like this.
  17. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Maybe dedicated servers for the forced multiplayer scenes could work... may as well take advantage of all the not seamless transitions and put the best speed where it's needed most. Enter a PVP scene that is forced multiplayer and land on a dedicated server... leave the forced multiplayer scene and rejoin regular population on whatever has been spun up. Full disclosure :D I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

One option could be to enable a PvP only mode, like there is a friend's only mode. Same world, different rules. Players could change the mode each time they login. I have my doubts more than a dozen people would play it.

We can call it PvP for Everyone Online Now, aka PEON mode.

19. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That still just separates those who might participate. Sure, its through instancing rather than a separate server, but the effect is the same.

If PvP players just don't want to see players they can't attack, why not request an option "While PvP flagged, ignore unflagged players". This would hide those players who are not flagged from the PvPer, so they don't have to "deal with them". (Hopefully ignoring can be changed to work without instancing, since the current ignore options just make the world more empty for those using ignore. Just hide the other player's model, items, and text; done.) Plus, you know, making PvP players stay in Open Multiplayer where they can actually participate in PvP. Those option would have a better effect on the appearance of the world than splitting it would have, since the world would appear more full to other players (although non-interactive, since some part of the other players can't see them) and provide a close-to-open-pvp-only experience for players who want that sort of thing.

20. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

PvP Multiplayers Only Server is for players who want this. Stop crying, forcing people and give them the choice .

Choose what you need. Like many, Im up for a REAL PvP Multiplayers Only server.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.