New Shadow Potions could be Gamebreaking in PVP...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Abstrax Phoenix, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Heres a link to a screenshot of the new Shadow Potions and the Shadow Poison. https://imgur.com/a/b1ZcbZ5 First off, the Potion of Shadow Form. I could care less about the dexterity and attunements, but 30 combat dodge modifier? With this, archers in light armor (which lets be honest, is 99% of them because bandit armor gives so much damage) are going to achieve such a high dodge modifier between the Dodge Skill, having High Dexterity, this Potion, and the blessing that gives 20% Dodge Chance. I know, you can say that I could just use the new poison potion the counter the new potion, but then I would be giving up Festering Death Poison and Dark Unicorn Poison, both of which are way better. Anyways...

Now onto the Potion of Shadow Shield. I have 1 LARGE concern with this one. This better be able to be torpid tormented off. If not, then death mage as a class in PVP dies COMPLETELY. When a death ray is casted onto a air shield, or any type of Focus Transfer Ratio thing that converts damage taken to the focus pool, the caster that casted the death ray doesnt get healed for the damage done. So if the new potion cannot be dispelled in any way, death mages are literally useless, because trust me, no death mage is going to go through someones entire focus pool before dying.

2. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Also, why can't us casters get any reliable int foods? There is food with 15 dex, food with 10 str, but no reliable int food. lame

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Oh, damn. I use a dodge/dex build. No bandit armor, but man, that's crazy. @Barugon Maybe this is Chris' way of apologizing for last year's archery nerf?

What's the drop rate like?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  4. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

I killed about 40 Shadow creatures and got 2 Shadow Essences. If you need 8 of them for 3 Potions they are going to be expensive

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. I'm torn, I was looking forward to a new resource to sell in my alchemy shop, because I just assumed they probably wouldn't be any good for me. But they're actually pretty good for my build.

Though, at only ten minutes, it's probably more of an occasional/boss fight thing.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

More annoyed that the two potion skills are opposing skills. I wish they would devise some way to take both but limit them more if you do. Like, instead of setting one to untrain, they apply a small debuff to each other. So if you only have one levelled up, you get it at full strength. If you raise both, you get both, but they're weaker. Then you could have some variety. I mean, who will really take the duration skill? Most potions are either so short that unless the duration is like triple or quadruple duration, it's not worth it; or so long that increasing the duration isn't nearly as helpful as having it stronger.

I like when Chris says players are why "we can't have nice things." No, we can't have nice things because the devs never play the game, even a little.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.