Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New skill animations - feedback

Discussion in 'Release 49 QA Feedback Forum' started by Rinaldi, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I like most of the new skill animations, except these:
    1) Enlightenment - the animation for enlightenment (nimbus of light around the head) is essentially the same as the animation I get from my shroud. So, wearing a shroud means you will not be able to see the enlightenment animation. I think the enlightenment animation should be different from the shroud animation.
    2) Strength of earth - not a fan of the swirling stone bracelets nor the stone that drops on the ground (looks like i am tossing poo on the ground). I like the cloud though.
    3) Dash - looks like a long porcupine-needle flatus vapor-trail. Maybe shorten the length and make the streams of air more transparent and more diffuse (not such well defined lines)?

Anyhow, just my opinion.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I logged into the QA for a while today and saw the Dash fx somewhat. I was glad they added something like this, though honestly couldn't completely make it out since there has been quite a bit of lag for me on QA for the last few releases. So anyway I can't provide a full critique, but I do think the way the Gust fx is works, so I'm thinking there should be some similarity.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I just tried it, yeah, that's just not right. They even bounce.
    "Gotta go fast!" - Sonic the Hedgehog

Still, it makes me feel like I'm going faster than I was before the VFX were added!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.