Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New stag encounter

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Elwyn, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Oh hey, it's a Stag encounter, weren't they supposed to have new stuff like a boss stag?
    Hmm, it's all does, oh well let's keep killing them...
    Hey, is that a dragon?
    (dragon suddenly rezzes out)
    (suddenly in ghost mode, yeah that's why the dragon rezzed out)

I guess he didn't take too kindly to me killing off his food source!

I think it is worth pointing out that I saw nothing in my chat log about the dragon attacking me. Sure, a minute later when he spotted my freshly rezzed taaaaaasty self, but not when he first appeared.

And oh hey, boomerang encounter, I'm in the stags again, let's see what happens this time!

Chatele and Kelly O'Shay like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This time there was a mix of does and stags. After killing them all, three (maybe more) Obsidian Stags popped. Not able to kill them on a low level char, but was able to get them down to about 60% with nuke 'n' kite.

Kelly O'Shay likes this.
  3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

@Elwyn Do you mean that the obsidian stags will spawn in the same instance as the stag and doe, or are you finishing off the instance, exiting and waiting for another random encounter to appear on the overworld map? The same question for the dragon, did you get a dragon to spawn in the same instance by clearing out all the deer, or did you have to exit that instance and keep trying new random encounters until the dragon spawned?

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Same instance. Kill all of the initial spawns and a new "wave" will appear. So far it is either obsidian stags or a hungry dragon. I was not on a character able to defeat obsidian stags at the time, so I don't know if a third wave is possible.

5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I just encountered the dragon - had 8,239 HP. The scene was empty of aggressive creatures, and only had does and harvestable nodes - after killing the last doe, the dragon spawns.

Kigu Starfish (Kor) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.