New stuff on the addon store!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

I guess what I'm thinking is that, if Port runs out of cash, how much is all your stuff from pledges gonna be worth then ?

But I do understand that it's a bit of a betrayal of early pledgers. Also the communication about this wasn't handled correctly, as is often the case with them.

Tell us you're going to do it and your rationale before a firestorm erupts and you generate negative sentiment on the forums.

So I can see why the NBNN guys are mad. But I think, in perspective, it's not as bad as it could have been.

2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

No, not really because all of that stuff can be purchased in a bundle now.

Elwyn, Witcheypoo and Elrond like this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I don't see it as a betrayal. Sure the items might have the same stats, but the originals had something on them make them unique. For example the founder and benefactor srafting stations stand out as unique. Sute they have the same stats, but those stats are that great anyway, And they have the little flag that makes them stand out.

But a usual anything they do is going to offend someone. I say if it feels right and satisfies your goals, go ahead and do it.

Elwyn likes this.
  4. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Nothing that was exclusive to kickstarter before today is being sold separately now, so I can't imagine that is why people are actually upset.

I agree that Port could probably have sold just as many vendors at 80 to 100 dollars instead of 40, but that being said it's also a barrier of entry for new players so in the long run having more players is more important than short term profit.

Elwyn and K1000 like this.
  5. Caswick

Caswick Avatar

I agree 100% with Laz on this! How in the world can we be expected to have trust going forward after something like this happens???

This comes across to me as a desperate attempt for money, at the expense of those who backed the game from the beginning. Very disappointed in this decision...

Bom, Sonja, Verit and 8 others like this.
  6. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

It's not our business to sit here and debate a companies financial well being.
    They don't want us doing that and despite your thinking you know something more than others, you don't know crap!

It is my business to express as a customer how much it hurts to get ***** slapped every time I spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a companies product only to see the value of everything I bought go to nothing.
    I don't want to spend hours everyday jerking around this game trying to figure out a way to make money off of it.

I just want to be able to play it and know that at some point I could sell off my stuff for something and maybe have a chance to get something back out of it.

That possibility keeps me spending and happy.

But this constant disrespect tells me one thing and one thing only.

Bom, Sonja, Blake Blackstone and 9 others like this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

When all of these went up in bundles 2 years ago, there wasnt much outrage.... why should there be now.

Reminder: I am a Duke pledge and its not a big deal to me.

Witcheypoo, Chatele, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Not sure what you are thinking here at all. Many people here are investors in Port (Seed invest) as well as players of the game. Others of us have 5 figured into the game. We sure as **** can talk about the companies well being and its not your place to say we cant. If anyone here accidentally steps out of line, the mods will step in and thats their right... since they run the lights in the place.

9. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

This is a game, we shouldn't be investing in it trying to make money off of it, we should just be playing it for fun. That means only spending money for enjoyment, then it's no big deal.

10. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Also very disappointed - today will be the first telethon for me to not buy anything.
    Not saying to completely stop, but I will severely lower my spendings (already started after the duke head disaster, but even more now).
    I really like the game and play a lot - but I am very unhappy with the events this year.

Bom, Sonja, Verit and 7 others like this.
  11. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

+1

Particularly CF vendors - the price these were fetching on the secondary market was ridiculous (you'd need to have sold 10 million IGG worth of stuff just to break even) and served as a barrier to new players getting set up to sell stuff. And barriers are the last thing this game needs right now.

12. moko

moko Avatar

If there is no stable player base and servers shut down your investment will be worth nothing anyways.

I think it’s a good idea to make bundle items available for new players more easily aside from them having to do RMT. The price of the bundles seems a bit steep for the value now though.

Witcheypoo, Alioth, Elwyn and 6 others like this.
  13. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, some of us spent many thousands of dollars and continue to spend that over 5 years enjoying our digital lives in this game, so as
    long as it's respectful, I don't see why not ? They can remove it if they want to squash the discussion here anyway, we'll just go to reddit.

Verit, Ben_Hroth and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

We need players not 1% ers

Witcheypoo, Lace, Mishras and 16 others like this.
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ah well. If it gets us more player's and them more cash, I will swallow my backers pride this one time.

Witcheypoo, Olthadir, Elwyn and 9 others like this.
  16. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I typed up and retyped up a big post about why this is good and why those people are upset shouldn't be, but this sums it up better than what I wrote.

Witcheypoo, Lace, Olthadir and 6 others like this.
  17. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

So, why i am so upset?
    Because in the past they told us they do not want to devalue anything.
    Today, they did exactly the opposite and devalued the CF Vendors 75% 125->31$
    I own 41 of them. Thats a devaluation of 3.854$. Thx
    I think, next week I will start to sell some things before Port devalue all of them.
    And, I will rethink where to spend my monthly 1k € gambling money.

Bom, Sonja, Pikegirl and 8 others like this.
  18. Floors

Floors Avatar

One percenters might be the only group keeping the game alive tho. For the people that paid 45 bucks 5 years ago and complain :)

Derium, K1000, 3devious and 5 others like this.
  19. Floors

Floors Avatar

Wow that's alot of vendors !!! lol

20. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

However - this isn't a new trend.. they have constantly done things to devalue goods.. so there shouldn't be any surprise.

Be frustrated if you will - just don't be shocked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.