New stuff on the addon store!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Here is the reality folks, Port needs money to keep developing as well as operating this game. I have invested a significant amount of money in this game. Many have asked me why would you spend so much on a game and my answer is simple I enjoy the game (frustrating as it is at times). I didn't invest large amounts of cash because I can have an exclusive item that one day I can sell for $100's of real life dollars or 100,000's of in game gold. Because at the end of the day if the development stops or the servers need to be closed those rare digital items I purchased are gone forever.

The expert crafting tables are in public crafting areas in the majority of PoT's so people can use them anyway. I think all items of convivence should be made available on the add on store such as prosperity tools.

Witcheypoo, Lace, Mishras and 9 others like this.
  2. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Haircut as in completely shaved head.

3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

So the people who sold their CFs for over $100 should get extra cotos, while the people who bought them from other players as late as yesterday - shouldnt? makes sense....

No, thats how the market works. The vendors had their value based on the fact that there are so few around - Not because of what the bundles cost.

In the sake of a healthy game, its much better to have CORE items such as CF vendor more availible to more people, especially considering the fact that you could barily buy them for IGG.

Witcheypoo, Lace, Mishras and 4 others like this.
  4. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Correct... They were accessory items to a pledge or bundle that also had items included that were tagged "Exclusive"
    If it don't have "Exclusive" in the description of the item included in the pledge or bundle, then it's not...

That's free advice from one MMO merchant to all the others... ;)
    Good luck...

Sentinel2, Mishikal and Arradin like this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

They were previously only available via bundles (i.e., exclusive to them) but they were not *itemized* as exclusive items. That's the difference. If you pull up the old pledges on the wayback machine, you can see there were very few things ever noted to be exclusive items, such as Keep PA Tax Free Lot deed, or some of the various houses.

Witcheypoo, Elwyn and wedrax like this.
  6. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Before you try to act all superior, you need to take a look at what you just quoted again.

In that context, even me as a foreigner know that when they say " previously exclusive to ... " they mean that they were only availible via the bundles.

Show me one screenshot of the store, screenshot of the kickstarter, video or audio recording or forum quote where portalarium say that the vendors never will be availible in any other way, and i will say im very sorry and bow down.

Until then, sit down in the boat, Thanks.

Witcheypoo, Lace, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

My pledge exclusives are still exclusive...
    All they've done is break things out of bundles.
    Bundles are a major commitment and I can see how this would make popular items more accessible and provide better cash flow.
    I've never been RM Profit motivated and have never participated other than as a buyer. So, while I was a bit shocked to see it at first after having thought about it for a bit, I'm not offended.

It does, however, (along with the 'Quality of Life' changes) increase my anxiety about the health and longevity of the game.
    I hope there are some explanations about both during the Livestream.

8. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Completely agree with you there.

Sonja, Verit, Ben_Hroth and 1 other person like this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And, if you're offended that they've devalued those things that you bought or sold on the RMT market... Portalarium doesn't oppose RMT Transactions, as they've said, they're going to happen anyway, and trying to police them is a No Win game... But, they have no obligation to protect the Real World value of those items.

All investors must know that past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

Witcheypoo, Lace, MrBlight and 6 others like this.
  10. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

You can say whatever you like, but I linked to a quote of them using the word exclusive to describe them.

The reality is, if I want an item that's exclusive to a pack, I'm not going buy the pack to get it now because I know they will break it out later. All they're doing is hurting the chances I'll give them more money, because they've now proven, by their actions, that it's in my best interest to wait. Does that make good business sense? No. This is a short term thinking creating a long term loss.

Bom, Sonja, Knightwolf and 7 others like this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Nor me, and you are 100% right these are dire times and they need the money. I started as an entry level $40 pledge from Steam and over time went all the way up to Duke because I believed in the game and wanted to be a part of the development process. I never intended to sell any of my pixels for an RMT profit. I hate RMT in games, but do not begrudge those that partake of it either. Live and let live I say!

Having said that, given the recent events of the past few months I started selling off major items, like the ones mentioned here, because their was a demand and a market. I'm not trying to make a profit, but simply recoup some of the thousands of dollars I have already spent here. Which, compared to others, is a drop in the bucket.

I still do my monthly subscription because I want to continue to help support the game, but until I see major improvements in the myriad of problems currently within the game, I wont spend more.

The only caveat to that would be filled bookshelves as deco that act as storage. I would definitely spend some bucks on that! :D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  12. 3devious

3devious Avatar

And when giving this stuff away still fails to attract people, I hope you feel as stupid as you should. The community won't be able to carry you anymore. I should have followed my instincts the first time when you pulled the founder/benefactor nonsense. I may be on super secret double final probation with your mod team (like I care) I am just not going to bother paying my lot taxes again.

13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

No, it described the fact that the method to obtain them used to be exclusive to bundles. And now it no longer is.

Here's an example of how they list an item when it is an exclusive:

[​IMG]
    Tax Free Keep Deed
    Tax free, Keep Level Property Deed, twice the size of a City lot, transferable between players. [This property deed is for land-based lots only for Benefactor-era backers]
    (This lot size only available through pledge purchase; not available in Add-On Store nor in-game)

Or

[​IMG]
    Exclusive Home
    A unique, upscale, Benefactor Lord's home (available only to pre-launch backers)

Note how they are *very* specific when an *item* is exclusive.

Witcheypoo, Elwyn, Mhtic and 2 others like this.
  14. Floors

Floors Avatar

If they fix it's animation, I'd be happy if they sold it for 39 bucks. At least it would be worthwhile again, sunk cost or not !

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

These were a replacement for pledges and no one had any issues keeping it that way.

Sonja and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  16. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

@Tiina Onir was by no means acting superior, rather stating their opinion. Just like yourself, so please, sit down in the boat. Thanks!

17. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I can guarantee you , without a doubt, that the cash that they will bring in on just vendors alone, is way more than what they get from bundles over the same time.

Making items accessable to more people is indeed good business sense. Do you think a company that make high end watches for few people is going to be a bigger company than the company that produce nice watches that most people can afford?

This is a good move. But time will tell.

Witcheypoo, Elwyn, jschoice and 4 others like this.
  18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I recently purchased 3 cf vendors for $100+ each

Thanks, Portalarium! -_-

Bom, Sonja, Verit and 6 others like this.
  19. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Now you can buy more at a cheaper price! I just did.

Edit: seems the stretch goals are going up faster. So something is working. Just wish they drop the price of lots and upgrades. I’m sure if I wait it will happen

20. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

The *ONLY* Question that matters:

Q: Does this action help the game stay alive and grow?

A: Yes. Do it.

Witcheypoo, Mishras, Elwyn and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.