New stuff on the addon store!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Thats the point.
    Why should I ever buy anything for $ (AddOn Store Bundles or elsewhere) after this?

Sonja, 3devious, Verit and 4 others like this.
  2. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

It's far better that Port gets $30 for something and a RMT gets nothing than if an RMT gets $100 and port gets nothing.

Witcheypoo, Lace, Mishras and 4 others like this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

you might not want to go there...

Sonja, 3devious and Canterbury like this.
  4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Port already got money from that first sale. Maybe we should come up with some kind of "Doctrine" to explain how the "First Sale" works...

Sonja and Sentinel2 like this.
  5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed that I had multiples of items that were trading close to 200$ that are for sale for 8$. And recently aquired 17 CF Vendors, that now would cost me 1/3 the price direct from Portalarium. I have a large inventory of bundle-only items that had value that are pretty much garbage now.

I think CF Vendor can be a nice fundraising and quality of life thing for new players I guess.... But why take something that was rare and ONLY in the 3300$ bundle and sell it for 8$?

These were rare things I had up in my museum and worked hard to acquire from the larger bundles. Pretty disappointing and doesn't feel like they did much work to look at the second-hand market value of bundle-exclusives or the impact on backers.

Bom, Sonja, 3devious and 18 others like this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think that it's unethical to mislead people about purchases that they make, regardless of whether or not it helps the game. It's also not okay to deceive customers just because they are fat cats or the 1% or whatever people might call them.

Bom, Sonja, 3devious and 2 others like this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Does the phrase “continue as a going concern” ring any bells for ya there ? Heh.

Finding out from this thread their co founder, COO, and Director of development left quietly in May 2018 certainly does for me...

8. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I was going to post something funny but my PR office said that I would probably be banned for reals this time.

9. Daemonborn

Daemonborn Avatar

Just remember, its the "1%ers" and their pledges that enabled everyone else to be able to play this game in the first place. So I believe they deserved to have had this issue dealt with a bit better than being surprised with it. It may or may not have been a necessary move...but certainly could have been implemented in a better way than it was.

Bom, Sonja, Verit and 4 others like this.
  10. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Yes, but reselling doesn't add to the amount in circulation. Buying from port does, which should push the RMT value down forever due to abundance. Hopefully that makes it less worthwhile to RMT so that people buy from the store instead of a reselling. Better for Port to get the Lions share of the sales than just the first sale in an RMT chain.

Mishras and Synergy Blaize like this.
  11. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

You are absolutely right, however, due to the way the game was set up there are many, many, many people who are here for the RMT first and the game second. It's what ruined the game and they now reap what was sown.

12. Floors

Floors Avatar

It certainly makes me far less likely to buy from RMT Traders in the future, in the fear that I'll be overpaying for an item that might show up on the store for substantially less at any time.

Mykll and Woodchuck like this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The common term is Whale... usually spat with derision.

Lazlo likes this.
  14. Keldorn of the Vale

Keldorn of the Vale Avatar

Can someone explain what has happened here?(newly returned from game from alpha days) Am I understanding people are mad because people we're making money selling these vendors on the forums before port was selling them? *Looks confused*

15. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Many items over the years have been sold as rare, exclusive, limited edition... and so on. This has created an RMT (real money transaction) marketplace, where people seek to make real dollars from the game.

In today's sale are items that people have either been selling (or worse, buying), for significant money... now being sold by Port for significantly less. That's why there are buyers and sellers flipping out.

Of course, if the game had never been set up as an RMT paradise in the first place - one of the things myself and many switched-on gamers argued from the start - we wouldn't be in this situation at all.

Witcheypoo and Synergy Blaize like this.
  16. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I thought Kickstarter made the game available for people. Not our fault what Port decided to do with those funds, direction of game or time spent on certain features. Depending on where you draw the line of the whales or 1%ers it does not seem like we should be thanking them for a successful KS? "In the first place" after all, KS came first.

How soon were the Trusted Traders notified of the cheaper prices directly from Port?

Count Tier Tier Total
    88 $ 10 $ 880
    4,989 $ 25 $124,725
    4,990 $ 30 $149,700
    2,513 $ 33 $ 82,929
    865 $ 40 $ 34,600
    1,063 $ 50 $ 53,150
    1,747 $ 60 $104,820
    1,628 $ 80 $130,240
    358 $ 100 $ 35,800
    669 $ 120 $ 80,280
    803 $ 125 $100,375
    1,217 $ 150 $182,550
    156 $ 200 $ 31,200
    133 $ 250 $ 33,250
    60 $ 350 $ 21,000
    66 $ 400 $ 26,400
    373 $ 500 $186,500
    207 $ 750 $155,250 $1,533,649

68 $ 1,500 $102,000
    20 $ 3,000 $ 60,000
    17 $ 3,500 $ 59,500
    5 $ 5,000 $ 25,000
    11 $10,000 $110,000 $ 356,500

Yes. Reselling has been fully endorsed.

17. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Don't get me wrong. If it really does help the game grow then I'm VERY amendable. I didn't put thousands into the game only to see it die on the vine. As did many others. This did take many of us by surprise still :)

18. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

But it doesn't do that. All it does is DISCOURAGE me from buying anything from PORTALARIUM. Why would I? They're just going to sell an unlimited number cheaper later.

That's the thing about digital goods, they only have value due to artificial scarcity. If the vendor has a history of undercutting THEMSELVES and not creating scarcity, then my best move is to wait for them to do that.

Sonja, Knightwolf, Verit and 6 others like this.
  19. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

That's why I usually wait for the teletho... errr Live streams to buy anything I want on discount ;-)

Mishras, Elwyn, Jaesun and 1 other person like this.
  20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

as a founder pledger on multiple accounts and big invester (well mabey not as big as some who spent over $30,000 and all also I am a seedinvest participant) im speaking on my personal beliefs and from my perspective others are allowed to have their own opinions ofcource.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.