New Suggested Template for PoTs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tailz, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

So, the other week we were going over some information about our PoT and how to finish it, what to put in and stuff like that. We all realized that the templates so far have been pretty much the same (as far as layout is concerned) and thought what if we could suggest a new template... So after some hours of discussion we came up with the idea of concentric circles, very similar to the Legendary City of Atlantis... now, we do not know for sure if Atlantis existed or if it had circle style design but it is very interesting either way.

I sent an e-mail in asking about this and then realized, after getting a reply, I was asked to post about it, that I should just post about it, so, here it is.

We looked at images online for a while and could not really find an image that best describes what we were looking but we did find this.
    [​IMG]
    This would be great for folks with island PoTs.

and this

[​IMG]

Now this second picture is something that was interesting to us because we would be able to have a town with Atlantis like layout and still be on the coast instead of an island.

So I would love to hear your thoughts please.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I like the first pic better because the layout is more organic. The main worry though is its a bit high concept to fit in the game.

It brings up another interesting idea also of cities with canals, like we saw with Fawn in Serpent Isle. There are a lot of real Medieval cities that have canals... I'm wondering if the devs have ever thought about that type of layout for an NPC city, let alone a POT template.

3. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Just keep in mind folks, these pictures are just examples, nothing more than examples and they can be elaborated on. I like the second pic personally because it offers a city/town with water all around it but the city/town is still based on the mainland and not an island.

Moiseyev Trueden and Leelu like this.
  4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I think its beautiful. I do think it would be a great template. The only thing is right now you would have to pay 15k to get that in game if portalarium approves it. I am one of many that have presented images that we like, and I am not trying to dismiss yours at all. I just know that if you want a custom template like that you will have to pay big bucks for it. I am sorry to break the news to you :(

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Lol, well I guess Ardoris has canals.. scratch that comment. Just not what I was thinking exactly.

6. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I agree we need more templates for water, islands, and layouts of areas. Atlantis is always an intriguing design as it offers balance, central area for government and protection, docks all around, etc. A bit like Stargate Atlantis, eh?

[​IMG]

How about an island hopping town like Vesper in Ultima, Ultima Online

[​IMG]

I believe there will be new templates in time, even before Episode One releases. The more we keep offering template ideas, the better. You can upload ideas in your PoT form I believe to give them ideas.

For your island template, I like your ideas.

7. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I think it is beautiful layout as Atlantis has always been one of my favorite stories, but of course I think of long term possibility's. Just because something is not feasible now, does not mean it won't be in the future. I would store those images for later use, after all isn't that what this is all about, limitless possibility's? I hope this game will outlive my lifetime and become just as iconic as many others have.:rolleyes:

8. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Yeah, i would love an Island template like Vesper!
    Many small Islands, connected via bridges.

9. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Cleaned the thread up a bit.

Leelu, Tailz and Link_of_Hyrule like this.
  10. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

I always loved Vespers layout with the natural islands the way they were. I could see this being a fantastic template.

11. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I really like the first picture as well and would love to see that in-game. My biggest issue with player towns is all the templates are basically the same and there is very little variety. Hoping some day most player towns will be more unique.

12. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Well, this is why we were talking about it, now we know that more templates are on the way but we wanted to add our ideas to the discussion and see where it goes. Also the town of Vesper is a great idea for an island template, it does not have to be exactly like Vesper but a variation of it. Or perhaps a combination of Vesper and Atlantis? The possibilities are endless... ;)

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The graphics presented look like simplistic man made stuff, how about we look at some life like, mother nature designed stuff. Vesper is OK old but simple.
    Let leave the basic geometry stuff for minecraft.

14. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

So again. these pictures are not made by me or anyone I know... they are simply posted to show an example of what it could be. I hope you understand that those pictures are not the final product or anything of the sort. Simply examples of what that kind of template can be...
    In regards to things looking man made vs. nature made, well, unless you live in nature like a wild person you live in a man made environment. I see no problem with a man made looking template for my PoT.

15. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

i kind of like the specialized design of those islands, for certain conditions. I don't think they should be POTs, because we don't want 38 of them, but it would be cool to see something like that as a story point.

After all, it seems like a really powerful mage could make his own island lair...?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  16. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

[​IMG]
    Something more akin to this perhaps?

Tailz likes this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LoL doesn't get any more natural but :-( Vesper still looks better.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  18. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Something volcano would be cool.

[​IMG]

19. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

@Winfield, honestly we only have one template (two templates - forgot Underground.. which reminds me of a bug on the PoT form) that appears as an inland map. Even the desert template has large bay frontage.

This is not to say I don't want to see a Grasslands or Snowy Mountain/mountain without bay or large river/lake access, but a template like Greymark Forest or Solace Bridge would be good options, also.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Tailz, Winfield and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  20. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Options are always good to have when you are dealing with PoTs. As someone mentioned earlier in the topic, this concept can be used in the general aspect of the game too. Either way it would be cool to see some more ideas about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.