Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Taming info after today's patch.

Discussion in 'Release 51 QA Feedback Forum' started by Pawz, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yes , the skills combat training increases HP and strength. Plus if you do the Taming Specialization also increases HP and strength. My combat training is 95 (+14 to the pet level) and my taming specialization is 80. This means my Obsidian Bear has 935 hit points and is quire capable of surving one or two tier 5 monsters.

At taming of 100 you can tame the obsidian bear and below (wolves, freo wolf spider). For the BIG pets - Darkstarr Corpion, Fero RED Spider you will need taming over 115 - 125 levels in the default Taming skill.

Numa likes this.
  2. Swan

Swan Avatar

hmm maby i didnt specify my question.
    What i meaned was Tame Creature skill in my post and does it increase skill of pet

3. Swan

Swan Avatar

It does clearly says in taming specialization glyph that it increase power of taming?
    does it boost tame creature glyph as it say or no?

4. Duke Gréagóir

No, Tame Creature does not increase the skill of your pet.

5. Swan

Swan Avatar

Well this seems rather odd, i could swear i saw discussion some years back from dev, that "tame creature" would increase stats, so pure tamers would have more advantage.
    This just makes highly expensive tame creature skill useless, because you can just buy creatures with pretty cheap price = there is no real income from pets.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Weins201 likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

nope NOT at all I was pretty clear Specialization in taming = NOTHING but Combat training 2.0, You get a Small reduction in Resurrection Reagents and Healing gives a CHANCE at removing a DOT, other than that NOTIHNG is benefited.

It only increase the Power of you pet at a massive experience cost which is already spent in the rest of the tree.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

all it does is make you pet have higher HPs and give then a chance to survive and kill in higher tier areas, but ONLY with specialization increase. The rest of the tree has been ignored.

So you have to spend even more exp and effort to do one thing make the pet stronger. Unlike every other specialization this is just another skill in the tree.

Boradic Boneslasher likes this.
  8. Swan

Swan Avatar

Seems to me devs not finished it yet, ofcourse it should help with rest of the tree.
    hopefully at release :)

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

don't hold your breath

10. Duke Gréagóir

I have been having a lot of fun with my stronger bear. :)

Numa and Bow Vale like this.
  11. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

Weins201 is absolutely corrcct on the taming tree, it all is bout combat training... which really is nothingits some hp a few patches ago that got screwed over as well, hell my fero spider is some how weaker then my obsid bear by far but then again the obsid bear for some reason keeps getting the top mark for strongest tamable for a long time now.... hell my obsid bear has 950 hp..... an i believe my fero red spider has bout 740+ explain that; only good thing bout spider anymore is the web, the posion does laughable damage, now lets move on to the darkstarr corp great hp for as weak as it is laughable damage, laughable poison damage, oh ya an an having a exoskeloton rofl it gets damage alot more then my obsid bear yet again lmao. and you wanna test there actual strength take it to the rise just for testers lmfao hope ya have extra's lmao....... thought of testing it in the mage room with me except there is no pet actually strong enough to damage the mobs fast enough to make it worth the focus loss in a battle unless your fighting tier 2 mobs an at that i wouldn't hope there was more then maybe 5 lmfao... This is just my thoughts an i have only been a tamer since the early releases, like around R14 or whatever it was when taming was put in.

Weins201 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.