Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Terrain shader in POTs looks great!

Discussion in 'Release 53 QA Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It has even fixed the tiling issue I was complaining about in distant grasslands.

Huzzah!

Feeyo and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Huzzah!! Your an ex AoC player arent you!

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't see what's different.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

No. Do they say it a lot there? Or complain about tiled terrain?

This is an image I posted a few months ago asking for work on the circled area due to it's obvious tiling.

Swing by the S Mart Factorium and look NW across the lake, Loc: (-4.4, 78.0, 36.5)

The vista in this picture illustrates a lot of changes if you compare in Live vs. QA. Alt-Tab back and forth and it's obvious.

This tiling in the picture is mostly gone now. It's still there in certain lights, but larger patterns that are less horribly obvious.

The mountains don't look all smeared anymore. Their tiling shows through a bit, but only on certain, no tree spots. (Look West from this image and you'll see an obvious mountain tiling location. But even that's not bad, and a few trees would eliminate the effect.)

Closer hills look way better too. Turn North and look at the very close hill, on the other side of the banker, above and below him. There are very obvious lines in Live that are minimized greatly in QA.

Time of day plays a big part, the close hill patterns are not visible in the early morning, for instance.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.