Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New to R25: First Week into Playing.

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by Lissira, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lissira

Lissira Avatar

Hello

Hello there, Celisuis here! So I've had the game for around a week now, would've had it sooner but RL. I've played maybe 40 hours so far, and I'm loving it. It's the MMO I've been searching for awhile now, and definitely worthy of UO.

Praise

So, first off.

• Combat System - I love the combat system. Whether it's balanced or not right now, I love the idea behind. I run with Auto-Attack switched off as I love games where I can click to swing my sword/draw my bow. The last game I played like this was Dungeon Lords, and I love this system. I only wish more games would implement it.
    • Interaction - I love the world interaction. From Doors to Lightswitches to Breakable Walls. It's simply incredible, and certainly makes me feel more involved in the game.
    • Progression - I'm loving the fact I feel like I'm progressing while having fun. I'm only Adv Lvl 25, but I feel like I'm very capable at this point. I used to play WoW which towards end game it was either play for fun or play for progression, I found it difficult to do both, and with SotA I don't have that problem in the slightest.
    • Community - You guys are great! I haven't found such a welcoming community since UO. The help and support I've gotten has been good, I've been shown around and even joined a few of your parties I believe! I've always tried to get my friend to play UO, but he doesn't like Isometric games, SotA is exactly what we were looking for, so he is now in-game aswell.

Criticism

Now for the bad points, which is a short list, I assure you(from what I've discovered)

• Reagents - These need to be more plentiful. I don't find myself using higher level spells because of them. I mainly stick to Fire Arrow and Searing Ray when I'm casting Magic.
    • Gold - Gold drops need to be a bit more smoothed out, or item drops. I find gold making difficult at the moment, however not insanely difficult that it needs a massive boost. Just an evening out. I would prefer it if better loot/items would drop in all honesty.
    • Party Stuff - We need more dungeons, and I'd also like to see the possibility of the entire party being pulled into an encounter on the Overworld, as it stands, only one of us gets pulled in(Unless I'm missing something?). - Update - Apparently it's just broken right now, great to hear it is in-game though!
    • Taming - I feel like taming needs to be more accessible. Currently I've seen Animal Collars and Taming Collars around 1,500g. This is a high amount for a low player who wants to get into taming. Again coming back to point 2.

I believe that's all, I will be playing until wipe, and then afterwards. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I love this game, and I haven't had this much raw fun on an MMO since UO itself.

Thank you all for making me feel welcome,

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Welcome!

Mata likes this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Lissira Wildrunner

Welcome home again.

But that is a bit impressive, you come back after a year?

Mata and Tahru like this.
  4. Lissira

Lissira Avatar

Have never played SotA before, was a huge gamer on WoW and UO previously though.

Mata likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Re: party encounters, it used to be that you could click on your party member's shield in the overworld to join them in the encounter. It is broken right now.

6. Lissira

Lissira Avatar

Good to know! That's great, hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Mata likes this.
  7. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Welcome to pre-alpha! It's a meta game that is not a released game! Placeholders, bugs, content and quest development, avatars in hard hats, awesome uptime, it's all here!

Welcome to a great community that shares and debates and codevelops and all the wrinkles show and all the good stuff flows ;)

Cheers!

8. Lissira

Lissira Avatar

It's great. I love it. I've always wanted to play UO with a full 3D Client, and now it feels like i can. Win-Win!

CrazyPhil and Mata like this.
  9. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Regarding reagents - you can still cast the higher stuff, they will just fizzle more. At least, currently.

Regarding loot - we all wait for the next update for that, probably. In the meantime, undead stuff at lower levels are not bad for a quick run of gold.

Katrina Bekers, Ice Queen and Mata like this.
  10. Lissira

Lissira Avatar

Great to hear! Now only if BT were as friendly as everyone here!

11. Lissira

Lissira Avatar

Another thing of note, I would like the introduction of macros. Nothing over the top to allow AFK macro'ing but simple ones like in WoW.

I would to love macro

/target Pet
    /Cast Heal Pet

But that's just a minor gripe I have :p

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Mata likes this.
  12. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

If I could macro, I would blow up the buffs and debuffs. Those are hard to read. Plus I might try to fix the darn targeting bug and auto-attack.

Mata likes this.
  13. Lissira

Lissira Avatar

That's the thing. All I want is easier targeting tbh. Looting is a slight annoyance, a loot button would be nice.

Making the Heal Pet auto-target the pet would be good aswell, I just wish I could heal my pet without having to take focus off what I'm fighting.....Wonder if it's different with Auto-Attack Enabled?

14. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Welcome Lissira Wildrunner!
    It was pleasure To meet in game, lookin forward To meet again.

Mata and Spoon like this.
  15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Oh I just went after the date on your profile page. That says you joined in 2014.

Tahru and Mata like this.
  16. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Celisuis!

Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  17. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Welcome!

I enjoyed reading your first impressions. :) Feel free to add me to your friends list in-game.

Mata likes this.
  18. Lissira

Lissira Avatar

Huh, so it does. That's odd.

Mata likes this.
  19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Welcome Lissira,

I guess you signed up for the forums a year ago and just got around to dipping in your toe recently - I really enjoy fresh perspective posts from new players with praise and criticisms who are new to the game. I hope you will continue to share your experiences!

Mata likes this.
  20. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

welcome to the game... feel free to add me as a friend in the game. I do a lot of new player help as well. be glad to show you some excellent gold area's. feel free to pm me in game if you ever have a question or get stuck trying something new.

Roper DocHoliday

Mata likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.