New Town.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Silverglade, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

Ok wanted to post and let avatars know ill be opening up a Hamlet free from rent for players. The overall theme of the town is a fort / outpost theme. I will put a small bio below of my character and how the town has come to be after this post.

I will be looking for like minded individuals.

1. Respect and be friendly with other towns people. No Grief style play ( no tolerance ). Will be reviewed before decisions.
    2. Help each other as you can, like a family or friends.
    3. Im casual and laid back but I like to play end game content type stuff as well, including some PvP now.
    4. Town will be for the most part closed PvP however it will be opened for event type situations.
    5. I would love to see the theme idea of the town allow for npc type sieges and things as I can.
    6. I will attempt to either have an tournament area for pvp contests and such or would like to have alliance towns/guilds? That we can work with I haven't figured out these details fully. (waiting on Dev talk).
    7. All crafting areas and things that come with my Lord Marshal Pledge will be open to players.
    8. Im not a hardcore RP'r but I do enjoy RP so feel free.

With us having a fort/oupost type theme I would encourage players living in the town to décor accordingly on the outsides of houses. Inside do what you want but please respect the theme of the town. I would like to have others who wish to roleplay a position in the town if it encourages involvement / game play. So far myself, wife and a RL friend will be the only occupants of this Hamlet size town.

If you feel interested to live here shoot me a message ill respond as I can and visit about it. More to come as I think of it LOL.

2. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

I shall begin by telling the story of how I came to be in the position of Lord Marshal of Silverglade Outpost. As a sworn defender of virtue and the hidden vale under King Siranto, I have served faithfully in many battles, proving myself loyal to his majesty. I have often spent much time with his majesty and we have become friends, he knows me well. After having a meeting with King Siranto 2 years ago he inquired as to why I was downcast in my mood as of late, I began to recount my concerns to him.

It has come to my attention that my childhood home named after my ancestors, Sunrunner's Retreat, that things have become very dire, leaving the people under much duress from the onslaught of attacks by the hill giants and rock trolls living in the nearby mountains. It seems the attacks are becoming more frequent against the farmers and shepherds, no doubt these fomorian beasts in search of food. Things have been hard since the cataclysm I need not remind you. It is however disheartening to know that this once thriving community is now becoming a ghost town. Occupants have fled, in fear that they will lose their lives if they stay any longer. Sunrunner's Retreat a prosperous village on the edge of the civilized vale was founded on commerce and trade, fashioning greatly needed items from local resources. Abundant food and farming lands as well as everything the trades craftsmen would ever need. Alas with so many leaving, the town would not endure, and along with that the memories of the place I called home. Many are the struggles and the battles across Novia this one however is personal. I had hoped to retire someday from my service and fulfill my days in Sunrunner's Retreat, now I only wish to fight for its survival.

Ome, Dzwest, Lord Lonn and 2 others like this.
  3. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

After hearing my recount of the situation King Siranto has given me charge over Sunrunner's Retreat, commissioning me to fortify and defend this village. He has allowed me a contingent of fine men and woman to bolster and defend the people there. I have spent the last 2 years doing so, trying to restore peace, driving back these vile monsters. I have also renamed Sunrunner's Retreat to Silverglade Outpost. I want to assure the people that have heard of the situation that things are on a new track. Those who live there can attest to the increased security all are feeling.

We have again begun to gather resources and craft items, much needed for trading with the rest of the vale as well as to meet our own supply requirements. Loyal knights and guards close to me have taken on much work in recruiting and training soldiers to defend and fortify our outpost and home. Lokey a dear friend and knight under my command has agreed to the position of captain of the guard. He acts not only as an advisor commanding the troops, but he also maintains law and order in the outpost itself. He and Kintari my wife have proven invaluable during these years. Skilled in metalworking and handy with a sword I might add, I'll never forget how she caught my attention, but that is another story all on its own.

We again see caravan visits, and travelers are beginning to frequent the outpost. I know the day will come when we can lower the walls from around the village and begin to live in peace, my heart desires it greatly. For now I keep a watchful eye upon the recruits, always looking for one with great battle prowess. Our training grounds have honed many into fine fighting men and woman. I have sent word around the vale that we also are in need of a wizard. One skilled in the arts of magic would be a welcome help as we have begun to push back against our foes into the very mountains they reside in. With our defense shored up they are attacking less and less.

Ome, Soleidad, Dzwest and 2 others like this.
  4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Congratulations!

Soleidad and Arianna like this.
  5. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

thanks i've had it for a bit just hadn't said much. Wasn't sure which direction I was going.

Soleidad, Arianna and Mata like this.
  6. Sole

Sole Avatar

Great posts Silverglade!

Lord Lonn R-10 WOLF, Arianna and Mata like this.
  7. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

Thanks

Soleidad and Mata like this.
  8. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Excellent posts. Though it should be worth it to mention as a player town owner you actually have no control over the rent of your citizenry. Theyll still pay ingame lot rent, and that rent will go directly into the game and not the player town owner. It looks like your ideals align greatly with our own, so looking forward to seeing where you go with things. :)

Silverglade likes this.
  9. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

Correct, but a lot of forum chat has shown to me that an IN game collection / charge would be possible by player owned towns. So im being clear that will not be an option in this one.

It would be very very easy to have a vendor sell a particular spoon or something in game each month that cost like 100 gold. All registered avatars in said town being required to purchase said spoon on a monthly basis. That is a very plausible means of rent style collection. If a player didn't purchase said spoon after a set amount of time I could see a town owner booting them.

That's why I added that, I know no Dev written in game taxation goes to a town owner its based off deeds be it rent free or not ;)

Looking forward to chatting more with you in the future, and as I unwrap more ideas.

Owens Casey and Soleidad like this.
  10. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

awesome yeah i was just raising that point because its a misunderstanding ive heard people speak to many times :) the ideas a cool one for your city. Good luck on it!

11. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

Thanks as I actually add avatars into the location and discuss the things "we" would like to see / do it will help make future decisions.

On that Note I would like to add that Lady Soleidad has asked if she can have a location to place a Home and I welcome her as an addition to our town as well.

Soleidad and Arianna like this.
  12. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

First off, it's great the see yet another player town.

I have a couple of questions for you, though.
    1) What kind of houses are you looking for in your Hamlet? Something like those knight homes?
    2) In what kind of environment do you want to place it? Is it guarding a pass for example?
    3) Would you allow players that own multiple lots to settle there? Lots in seperate towns.

Lord Lonn R-10 WOLF and Soleidad like this.
  13. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

1. I have a total of 4 house types knight/knight marshal atm. I plan to have those at the city gates as a "line of defense, from the knight guards".
    Other housing I would love to have 1 wizards tower, added in otherwise I have no issue with most any housing. I would prefer not to have a druids house. Most of the lots are planned to be village, and row housing.

2. If allowed yes I plan to have walls around the city much like Kingsport/Ferig outpost (from owls head lunar transporter).
    2 entrances in the main entrance opening into the biome of plains land grass. The other (dev approved) I wanted to be in fact facing a mountain pass. So 3 sides of the town fort type of walling and 1 side mountains coming to a "v" shape of a pass.

3. If a players wants to place multiple houses I am ok with that. Yes separate towns is fine. I know that 1 player signed up so far has a bigger lot deed that this town will NOT be able to facilitate so they will have houses in multiple locations.

monxter, Athanil [BEAR] and Soleidad like this.
  14. Dzwest

Dzwest Avatar

Welcome to the Lord Marshall of Silverglade Outpost great post.

Silverglade likes this.
  15. Lokey

Lokey Avatar

My story is a simple one. I was born the second son of a poor farmer in the south of Braemar. When I was of age I joined King Siranto's army, where I quickly rose through the ranks. I have fought many battles throughout the Hidden Vale and was Knighted by Lord Marshal Silverglade after single handily saving a patrol from a troll ambush. After many years of service under his command I was Promoted to captain of the guard of Silverglade Outpost. I now also watch over the towns well fare and keep the peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.