Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New "Train Summoned Pet" skills need a buff

Discussion in 'Release 67 QA Feedback' started by Hemswal The Descended, Jun 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I have all pet summons unlocked. My fire elemental is GM.
    I have 235 fire attunement with immolation going.
    Fire attunement seems to have no effect on the power of my summoned fire elemental. (Intended?)

Train Summoned Pet Health at GM only gives +50 HP. 75-100 would be a lot more appropriate.

538 HP is kinda meh. There are a lot of mobs and other players that will be able to 1 shot this fire elemental. I'd be more accepting of that if it did some sort of significant damage. But, it doesn't.

Train Summoned Pet Resistance at GM gives 12.5 resistance. This is fine for 4 skull zones.

12.5 resistance might actually be enough. It's hard to say since I don't know any of the summons base resistance. If their base is 0, this isn't enough.

Train Summoned Pet Damage at GM gives a +25% damage bonus. This is extremely low.

My fire elemental does an average of 37.5 dmg per attack. So, with GM "Train Summoned Pet Damage" I'll do an average of 46.8? This is kinda pitiful for a fire mage of my caliber. These summoned pets don't attack very fast either.

2. Hemswal The Descended

With a 10% increase on QA, I just did a random sample and did 43.6 average dmg per hit. So, the math is likely right or close to right.

3. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Attunement has never been factored into into how strong a summon is.

Otherwise my lich would be extremely powerful.

Also, do you have the Fire Specailization trained to GM? Atos mentioned that the effects of the Train Summon would be multiplied if you did, or at least should be.

4. Hemswal The Descended

Attunement should affect your summons.

I have the entire tree GMed or past GM.

5. thesometimeslurker

Yet it doesn't, and probably will not.

If it did, they would have to severely weaken all of the summons base stats to account for a boost from attunement so summons aren't a must have late game.

Otherwise, that is strange that the boost from the skills isn't really doing much, need to tell @Chris about it.

6. thesometimeslurker

Atos knows now and said he's gonna check it out.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since I have air specialization, I keep hoping that the air elemental will actually become useful. I don't think these new passives will do that. :(

8. thesometimeslurker

According to Chris, the way it's supposed to work is that your specialization is supposed to act as a multiplier for those skills ( on top of the summoning skill and any passives in that tree that affect your summon). For instance, let's say it is a x2 multiplier that a level 100 Magic Specialization gives. That means your summon should get (and I'm assuming the focus tree passives are at level 100 here) 100 health (though this seems quite low, should be 100 w/o specialization and 200 with), +50% more damage, and +25 Universal resistance (Keep in mind that Summoned creatures only have 3 stats and NO resistances or bonuses beyond that, until the new passives are factored in).

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

One thing to note, Summons will never be as good as a high tier tamed beast, unless a new tree appears, being "Summoning". The reason for this is that a Tamer gives up a Spec to invest it entirely into that Beast, meanwhile Air Spec will buff your summon AND your spells. A Tamer has to raise a plenitude of skills and passives to make his Pet workable, meanwhile the summoner *Usually needs only 2 (The summon and the Spec. Most summons also have nice utility : heals, debuffs, and other things.

Now hopefully these skills do make them better, but I was already impressed with how the Daemon has some very good numbers BEFORE these passives, and am upset I gave up my Chaos Spec before trying it out. I dont know what the Air elemental has to offer though, so maybe that guy (or Gal, I dont know elemental lore) needs a buff!

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tried out the air elemental last release and it would have glowing hands but not actually cast anything. I bug reported and it was promptly ignored. The other thing that I noticed is that it would take a crapload of damage of relatively low level mobs, so it's usefulness would be very low anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.