New Video - A Unique Sandbox World

Discussion in 'Screenshot & Video Galleries' started by Cerus, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If the point is Sandbox, that doesn't start in the video until 1:07. You need to take all of the Town stuff and put it at the start.

If you want to have combat stuff in it, you have to put it at the end.

And you should test having combat at the end vs. not having it at all, get some opinions if it should even be in a sandbox video. You might just pull that and put it in a more targeted combat video..

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Additionally re: Sandbox, we need a straight deco video, show people a sped up version of Cambria Stormlin decorating a large house. Then show a bunch of different houses exteriors in quick succession, just to grab their imagination.

Remember, short and to the point is better than having too many ideas in one longer video and losing people halfway through.

Ryodin Stormwind likes this.
  3. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

A well put together video of real game footage - I like it. Shows a good variety of scenes and gameplay elements.

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I like it ...for the feedback part sound and image needs more sync especially the first part ... make image change right when theres high pitch drum beat for more feel effect. It starts of with a powerfull beat but the images are slow trying to catch up. :)

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm sorry, but this is going to get the same crowd of people as the fighting one, because it is 1 minute and 10 seconds of having nothing to do with Sandbox. By that time anyone interested in the title has stopped watching because "It's just another fighting game."

We've got fighting videos. Make the sandbox video about the sandbox play (everything AFTER 1:07) and see what happens.

6. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Why not show bits of everything all at the same time? Do a split screen type setup. I'm imagining 4 pictures in picture, each having revolving short 5-10s clips in them as part of a 30s intro to the full promotional video. That should clue any viewers in to keep watching to see more about a certain feature that might appeal to them.

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

I guess I should register my feedback here in the thread.

I really like a lot of the cutscenes from a cinematic perspective and think that its a really good aspect of the video. The person who created those clips has an eye for what they're doing. So for instance, showing the guy on the mountain while the whole terrain of the continent comes into view is really nice (not that we could do that as players!). So is the scene of players walking over the bridge with torches, as is zooming the camera out of the house through the window, so are the views of people walking from above, and so are some of the views of towns and clips of the fight with the dragon and the daemon.

All this is really great.

However, I would characterize the overall approach here as treating the game as a product, itemizing its features in bullet-points, and I don't think that makes the game seem appealing. Settle, craft, fight, etc. Its all so overly generic.
    Nobody would advertise a movie this way. With movie advertising, you don't tell the audience they're going to laugh, cry, be thrilled by explosions, see good acting, see pretty scenery. You create a tease, giving them an impression of what to expect -- that's why movie ads are called teasers. First, you don't tell the audience what's in the movie, you show them. And you create mystery, leaving the audience wanting to see more.

I think the cinematic sequences also feel too random, and unconnected. So we might see a nice sequence of the camera over a guy walking, or a nice sequence the camera pan into a town, but with no context which makes it interesting, and no relation between the sequences.

The video is nice in that it gives a broad overview of what you can do in the game, and shows some pretty footage, but doesn't make me excited about it.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.