Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Warding Skills not leveling upon being damaged by the school...

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by twofoldsilence, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

06/01/2019 10:34
    Title: New Warding Skills not leveling upon being damaged by the school...
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: New Warding Skills not leveling upon being damaged by the school that they are warding against. E.g. I have the Fire Warding Skill but when I take damage from any Fire School magic attacks my Fire Warding Skill does not level. Shouldn't the warding skills level upon being damaged by the school they ward against.
    Steps to Reproduce: Buy Fire Warding or any other Warding Skill and fight something that uses the magic type that is being warded against and yet the warding skill does not level.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6) System RAM: 16283
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.984.Date.05.31.19
    Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_02
    Area Display Name: The Crags
    Loc: (134.4, 56.6, 98.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfSGlsbHMwMV8wMnx8KDEzNC40MzMsIDU2LjYwOCwgOTguODgzKXwoMCwgLTAuMTE2LCAwLCAtMC45OTMpfC0xNC4xNzQ5OXw4LjU2MTY4NXwxLjgyMjY4NQ==

2. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

It seems Fire Warding only levels when you use a skill from the Water tree. This is perhaps the way it was intended, for all the warding skills.

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

That is how it's working, but you don't even have to know any other spell active or otherwise in a Magic School to learn the Warding Skills for the opposite school, and I would rather be able to just learn the Magic Warding Skills for all the Magic Schools I don't use rather then ONLY be able to learn them for the schools opposite of the Magic Schools I do use, as I thought the purpose of the Warding Skills were so non magic users could earn magic resistances without using XP in actual Magic Skills / Spells.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

You don’t have to train the skills in the school, except possible the tier 1 skill. You can set that to don’t train and then use the skill to raise your warding.

Since this is more feedback than a bug, after all it is working the way they intended it to, it should probably be in the feedback forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.