Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Not a Bug] New young dragon conversationalist does not retain resizing

Discussion in '***PTE (QA) Bug Archive (After R75)***' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

01/27/2021 19:20
    Title: New young dragon conversationalist does not retain resizing
    Reproduction Rate: every time I've placed him
    Blocker? no

Details: I just crafted a young yellow dragon conversationalist and according to the draft notes "These conversationalists can be scaled in size from 0.5 to 1.3 to help players depict a larger age range between their hatchlings." When placing I was able to scale up and down but as soon as I placed him he disappeared and reappeared (which I think all conversationalists do when you place him) and he was back to his normal size. (Thank you for the new crafted conversationalist and the great deco eggs!!!)

Steps to Reproduce: Craft young yellow dragon conversationalist (probably other colors but I don't have them to test) Shrink down all the way when placing him and watch him regrow.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1127.Date.01.21.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Bastion's Point
    Area Display Name: Bastion's Point
    Loc: (55.3, 38.2, 281.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxCYXN0aW9uJ3MgUG9pbnR8KDU1LjI1OCwgMzguMTk2LCAyODEuMDQ2KXwoMCwgLTAuNjM0LCAwLCAwLjc3Myl8NjQwLjc3NjR8NDUuMjE1MDN8Mi41NzM4OTQ=

2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

So apparently when I log in as an alt account and I look at the conversationalist I see it as the smaller size that I placed. But when I log in as my main account who is lot owner and placed the conversationalist I see the dragon as the default size still.

I have him placed on my lot in Bastions Point. The default size has his tail poking thru the wall, the shrunken size (50%) I placed him you can see him entirely with some space between him and the wall. (In case anyone wants to see what size of him they see)

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that makes sense. when the lot owner is there it's fully active, which includes a redraw

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the resizing was removed from the draft before publishing. being able to resize active npcs is not currently possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.