Newb gets Trolled by SOTA

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by grandmaJOY, Sep 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

So I read a suggestion that new players should experience all 3 starter zones. I finally made it to the last one, Blood River, and proceeded to loot all the bodies...so much lovely loot until...

I got back to base camp and realized that half my pack space was taken up by a jillion "jar of red worms" which for some reason do not stack:eek:

Is there really no way to select all of these and delete/sell? I've tried a few options but I've never been much of a keyboardist. Of course this also effects the same ridiculous lengths one must go through to decon all the items.

I've been wondering about this for some time as my fingers are starting to get arthritis and long days of gaming do not help - especially with the extreme button mashing necessary in this particular game to do anything -- each of these jars will require 3 buttons pressed to delete:(

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

It will be a little less hard on your fingers to double click each jar and open it. The worms inside will stack.

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

You can multiple select bag items by clicking the first item, then holding shift and clicking the last item. You can delete by right clicking. Although, for red worms, you my want to select one a time, right click and use them.

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:) Auto-Swing...
    I enjoy having multiple chrs for different ways of play, some of which as what I call "auto swing characters", because when my hands give me trouble, I don't need to venture into high level content, what I need to for my hands to take a break.

During those times I use characters which do not require me button mashing. Their skill sets depend on total auto-swing. Such characters cannot hunt in high level content, but do just fine up through level 4 content.

In this way I get to continue to play, while also resting my hands.

[​IMG]

I hope this helps with your hands as well.
    :)~Time Lord~

grandmaJOY and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Hmm... I always use auto-attack, but I also charge up buffs, special attacks and debuffs.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

Plus, the worms are great fishing bait!

grandmaJOY and Time Lord like this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I agree, as long as the buffs I use don't require refeshing too often. I mostly hunt my auto-swing characters in exp grinding content with all the skills shut off until I need a button break. Then I'll open those skills that improve or help the auto-swing when I'm just using the mouse so those chrs see-saw their way up. If I use more than low level armor and weapons I can then venture into 4-5 skull lelevs of content.
    ~TL~

8. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I was looking for, you Sir have saved my hands so much pain<3 I knew how to SHIFT drag to select within a stack, but didn't know this bit:)

FBohler and Tahru like this.
  9. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

LOL thank you for the smiles, love this gif! And yes indeed Time Lord, as the day wears on I find myself looking for "auto" anything opportunities:D This eventually leads to, "Time to start reading the wiki to learn something new"

Daigoji Gai and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.