Newbie Question : Unlocking Free Attacks and Combat Deck

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Gorthyn, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Is a bit embarrassing asking such a basic question, but here goes ! Am struggling to figure out how to enable free attacks and to unlock the combat deck. As I understand it Adventurer trainers are the ones to talk to for this but have been to several with no success. Clearly I am doing something wrong !

If anyone could explain what I need to do I would be mosy grateful !

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Numa likes this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Afaik there should be a quest in the Outskirts to unlock it.

Tryed the Adventuring Trainer there?

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

'T' toggles free attack on and off. It seemed like you have to use the wording utility hotbar trained by crafting trainers and advanced trainers. Try a crafting trainer then.

4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Many thanks for the replies. Once you press T for the Free Attack option is there any change to the UI that indicates this or do you have to find out whether its activated or not by trying to fight something and see what happens ?

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

if you have Auto attack enabled - when you hit "t" you will see a msg that says "Auto Attack Enabled"/Auto Attack Disabled" when disabled you are in the Free Attack mode if turned on also there are the movement keys some times if you have mouse movement turned on you have issues with Free Attack.

Another new player figured that out while playing with me and learning about it the other day :)

Tab changes movement modes if you are having issues with Auto/free/moving look at all those buttons :)

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

There is a comment above your head that makes a note that you have changed it. So try clicking 't' and you will see the hint. It will say auto attack enabled and if clicked again it will say auto attack disabled. So you can check it this way. Sorry as mentioned above :cool:

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I know that worked in R40, but I think they said they moved the quest out of the Outskirts during the Telethon (for some reason). You might need to go to Soltown to do this now.

For what its worth, I'd much rather it be done in the Outskirts.

8. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Thanks for the replies all. Last night I stumblef across an advanced skills trainer in Braemer who spoke of these features and gave me some books on the subject. Am wondering if this now enables the unlocking of the features if I talk to an adverurer trainer now ? Time will tell I suppose.

If any devs are reading this I am not sure something as basic as this should be quite this obscure !

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

ahhh sorry you are having so much trouble with this. Yes and good feedback if it is not clear. It is a new feature to keep the utility bar away from new players, but perhaps it should not be done. Anyway what you need is called a utility hotbar and it should show up. check your options under hotbars there are some options there also for you to look at. ;) Good luck. I am not in game to check atm, but if I can help anytime I am Majoria in the game. lol I may have said that since I do see ZZzzzzzzzzz's starting to go above my head ;)

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Thanks for asking the question.
    Amen on that score. I remember when they first changed the way it was being done (lord only knows why something that didnt seem to be broken needed fixing) and someone approached me asking for my help with it. It was a real WTH moment for me and took a loooong time for me to figure out. Then ofc they changed it lol
    The SoTarians do seem to have a knack for overcomplicating.

11. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I have created a video that should help and welcome to the game

Gorthyn and Solazur like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.