1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

News for fans of both Shroud of the Avatar & Pantheon

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

Greetings Fellow Citizens of Britannia and fans of Pantheon alike,

Thank you to everyone who made a pledge on the Pantheon Kickstarter! While the Pantheon Kickstarter did not fund, we are excited to hear that they have moved their fundraising to their own site, here: https://www.pantheonrotf.com/ While we will not be doing the Kickstarter cloak cross promotion, fear not, as plans for Pantheon move forward we will look to do new cross-promotional activities, to be determined in the future!

Thanks,
    Richard "Lord British" Garriott

rild, monxter, Kuno Brauer and 13 others like this.
  2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Thanks for the update.

3. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Thanks! I pledged on kickstarter, looking forward to what you can come up with.

4. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Seeing how we are no longer getting the reward for showing our support this time, what kind of assurance would we get to be rewarded if we decide to back anyone who you ask us to back again? (if an incentive is involved)

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I wonder how many people backed the project just to get the cloak......I know I nearly did, glad I didn't now.

6. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Is it that big a deal? An unfunded kickstarter means you don't actually pay anything, right? I thought that was how it worked.

Ragnabrock, Mishri, rild and 6 others like this.
  7. Chaotic

Chaotic Avatar

Thanks for the follow up on it. Looking forward to the new cross-promotional activities :)

8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You weren't charged a penny, and you're aware that logistically there is no good way to honor this and yet you persist.

Dame Lori, Alexander, Mishri and 7 others like this.
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

More to do with the lack of announcement that if you re-back via their site there would still be the opportunity of the cloak. Even if the project doesn't raise enough funds via the new funding method at least people could justify the spend on the basis they will receive a 'rare' item in SotA.

Gunga Din [PAX] likes this.
  10. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

And you are contributing to this conversation how?

Regardless of how you feel about me or my views, does not give you the right to single me out.

* Envy / Midian * likes this.
  11. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Cool. I was honestly curious.

Ragnabrock likes this.
  12. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Point of the matter is, there was a call for support, and if we supported the cause we would get a reward. No where did it state that the Kickstarter had to be successful or we had to be charged to receive the item.

Now we see that there may be future cross promotions, with the Kickstarter failing, I doubt you would get many backers. At least with the Kickstarter you had some insurance that if the goal wasn't met you would not be out of your pledge. Now if you back them on the main site and they fail once again, you are just out of your pledge money.

13. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

THAT makes sense. I get it now. Yeah, I'm not going to pledge. I mean I wasn't interested in the game to begin with, but without the insurance of kickstarter behind it, I'll definitely take a pass.

14. 3devious

3devious Avatar

It is. Some people feel they should get the cloak anyway.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I'm assuming since it didn't go, Pantheon didn't get a list of emails and therefore there is no way to cross-check those with Portalarium's database to determine who should get the cloak.

Mishri, Mordecai and Chaox like this.
  16. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I've contributed to the previous thread repeatedly explaining that they can't honor this if they don't have email addresses and pledge levels. They have neither. You know that the fault does not lie with Portalarium, yet you implied with your statement that you were denied something promised to you so now they owe you assurances in the future.

You didn't pay a penny and Portalarium did no wrong by you, but you act as if you were wronged in some grievous fashion. I singled your comment out because you have decided to persist when you know better, and because you have attacked the reputation of Portalarium over a perceived slight.

I've stated repeatedly that anyone sincere in their desire to support Pantheon can still do so at Pantheon's new site. If a cross-promotion still occurs, it will likely require people to do so. If you really want the cloak, that seems like a logical first step. Demanding recompense for a payment that never occurred seems unfair.

Dame Lori, Alexander, jdrasin and 2 others like this.
  17. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

Don't do it, RG; please, don't do it.

18. Godra

Godra Avatar

I agree with the decision. If we are not charged and we did not pay anything, then we shouldn't get anything either. I know that those (including myself) who made a KS pledge to support Pantheon were standing behind them with a pledge support (real money) and if the project made that goal, then YES we should get the cloak. But it didn't and WE were not charged. Wait for another cross promotion if you want the cloak, I am sure it will reappear since it was already an item that was created. If you feel you were slighted, then you can have that opinion, but I do not support it.

3devious and Montaigne like this.
  19. G Din

G Din Avatar

I don't mean to be pessimistic , but I did say that game had zero chance of reaching its funding goal. Poor concept and a worn out Genre = BAD idea !

I wish them luck, but I agree, couldn't hack it on kickstarted and now you want to raise money at your own site? No thanks.

And this cloak thing? I don't get it. Pantheon did not succeed in their goal. No one was charged anything, why should the cloak's availability still be up for debate?

Alexander, Mordecai and Kaisa like this.
  20. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Pantheon vs pathfinder. Sorry big guy but you want to back someone back the D&D folks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.