1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

News for fans of both Shroud of the Avatar & Pantheon

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Wow some people just looking to complain for the sake of complaining... *facepalm*

The game didn't get kickstarted, obviously the incentive (that wasn't paid for) is not going to be followed through on.

Portalarium tried to help the RPG community at large and it didn't pan out, it happens. Good for them for trying at least.

2. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I think some people are a little confused about what I am talking about here and largely missing the point. I could care less about the item ( i would like to have it of course, but this isn't the point), there was an update that asked people of SotA to support a friend of SotA in need. Those of us loyal to SotA, who had NO interest in funding Pantheon, went to there kickstarter to try and help. Then as a bonus for loyalty and support, we would get a reward. (there was nothing mentioned about Kickstarter success or failure effecting our reward. So it was natural to think you was getting a reward as a thanks for support)

But instead of getting a reward for our loyalty and doing what was asked of us, we got a big "Sorry we will not honor our end of the deal".

Now where do we go from here? Try and back Pantheon again? Well no, that won't happen because it already failed once. Should we just let this topic run its course and one day just fizzle out like other hot topics (Add-on store conversion program)?

I would guess a compromise to those wanting the cloak would be to just sell it in the add on store, or attach it to a pledge tier.

Someone said no one has profited from this fiasco, well no one but Portalarium. You forget that Pantheon was offering the same thing to their backers, and I doubt those who migrated from Pantheon to SotA, via this program, are getting refunds on their pledges to Portalarium.

DimwitTheWise, Olahorand and Mordecai like this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

I'm sure they will think of something creative in the future. Since Pantheon is handling the pledges directly there won't be any confusion as to who backed what. They could ask you for your SotA user id when you back it again, if/whenever that happens in the future.

Gracekain likes this.
  4. Amaranthus

Amaranthus Avatar

Seriously...

That's reply enough.

Olahorand and Gracekain like this.
  5. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

Backing a project purely because someone asks it is a bad idea imho... because you will be disappointed sometime

6. Amaranthus

Amaranthus Avatar

Haha, sorry, I was being unclear. I find that the protests against not handing out Pantheon cloaks when the project failed amounts to a whole lot of whining. My reply was ambiguous. It's not SotA's fault that someone else doesn't succeed.

O`Sullivan, Akeashar, Khloec and 5 others like this.
  7. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

ow it seems we had a bit of a misunderstanding :)

8. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

There was an idea that we could add the pantheon cloaks to the addon store since the asset already exists and offer to give the pantheon guys half of the proceeds. That way SotA backers who still want the cloak can get the cloak and both shroud and pantheon get more funding safely.

9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That was one of my ideas. I think its a great way to reuse assets and keep with the spirit of helping another indie company succeed. It could also be extended to other companies that might be interested in this kind of cross promotion.

Jatvardur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.