1. NOTICE: The game is still in Early Access, which does not constitute a Launch! Please keep feedback and concerns tempered during this still-in-development period. We are working hard to make the game ready for Launch, based on your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Nightmares of New Britannia Contest Submissions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Berek

Berek Senior Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

[​IMG]

This thread is for submissions and direct responses to submissions to the 'Nightmares of New Britannia' Halloween Contest ONLY. Please post questions in the Announcement Thread, as well as your suggestion for a title the participants will receive.

Have a great time spooking your fellow Avatars!

2. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Day of the Dead - Spider Queen Costume

SpiderWeb Cloak, Day of the Dead Mask, Elven Mage Armor dyed Pulsating Black and Pulsating White

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Home of the Spider Queen - House Deco Entry

Burnt Village Home, Jack-O-Lanterns, Bone Thrones, Guillotines, Dead Trees, Pillorys

Special thanks to Hawkwind for the additional decoration items!

Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Crossroads
    Area Display Name: Crossroads
    Loc: (334.3, 52.2, -89.0)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Avatar

The Headless Obsidian Cultist! The residents of Spite are no stranger to the Headless Obsidian Cultist. Every Fall he shows up in the Drachvald to terrorize the locals of Spite, as he searches evermore for his missing head!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  6. AthenaBorune

AthenaBorune Avatar

Costume Entry- Dark Nymph Queen

I Bring the forest with me, where ever I will go. You may not see me, but soon you're sure to know. I am the Dark Nymph Queen. I sit. I watch. I wait. That siege you did earlier; that time you tripped and fell? That's me messing with you, just trying to give you hell.
    [​IMG]

I watch from above as I guard the trees. I wonder what you are doing as you are fought to your knees. Humans fight battles with them self; unaware of whats around them luring in stealth.
    [​IMG]

I explore your homes when you are not in town. Such fine wood is spotted all around. The trees you harvest for your inn, the homes you tore down with your sin. I will avenge my people and bring this to and end.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing! Good luck everyone! <3 Dark Nymph Queen <3

Deco Entry- Absinthe Bar
    Location-
    Verat Chaos
    Directions- (65.9,39.4,316.0) Upon entry at the docks, go to your right and its on the first street. Cant miss our green glow!
    (If you have problems finding us talk to the town cryer and have him direct you to the Town lot of C'Nedra Borune.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hello and welcome to the Absinthe Bar, or what is left of it. It was given its unique name because of its beautiful green glow. We had some problems with the last absinthe batch and it was glowing blue instead of green. It was found to be a bit... well... toxic. Some bottles can still be found on the tables. :S Many of our customers remains are still in the bar from the night of the bad batch. The bodies that were claimed by family have been buried out front.

[​IMG]
    I am Athena Borune. I run this establishment with my other half, C'Nedra Borune. Behind me is our main bartender, Jack. His face was burned off by the living relatives of some of the deceased on the night of the accident. He now wears the faces of some of the unclaimed, and some nice citizens have made him black masks to cover his disfiguration. The other thing you see on the counter is our specialty, BBQ Elf Head, said to give you the sight of an elf.

[​IMG]
    This is our dance floor and a small seating area to play games with the reaper. Can you guess what happens to the one that doesn't win? *snicker*

[​IMG]
    Seating for our king and queen of the dance. They deceased just after being crowned and their spirits have been trapped in the mirrors. We should have this fixed shortly, but until then I would not advise trying to sit on their thrones.

[​IMG]
    A go-go dance cage and our pong table.

[​IMG]
    We even have hot tubs and bowling! Beware the frigid water though, prolonged exposure can prove deadly. We lost a child in it that snuck in with a group of kids playing truth or dare after hours.

[​IMG]
    Ah, as I thought... I see more bottles to be picked up before I can reopen the doors. I must go for now and continue trying to purge this place of the toxins. The witch must not be done trying to cleanse us of the spirits either. Seems her books and hat are still here. Come and join us soon!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  7. Kabalyero

Kabalyero Avatar

COSTUME ENTRY

The Virtues Reaper

(Oracle Eye Hood, Virtue Cloak, Battle Scythe and Epic Cloth Armor Set dyed with Dark Grey Dyes. No Add-On Store Items were used)

[​IMG]
    After centuries of slumber, the Virtues Reaper rose from his ancient crypt...

[​IMG]
    ... to practice his Juggling act for the next season of America's Got Talent.

[​IMG]
    Of course, when he is not busy practicing, he would find some time to brandish his Flaming Battle Scythe to drive off mosquitos and other insects away from his crypt.

[​IMG]
    After driving off all the pesky and annoying mosquitoes and other insects, he would just sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the night.

[​IMG]
    As a Virtues Reaper, there are times when he's out protecting and guarding the town from less virtues beings.

[​IMG]
    Sadly, the town folks are more afraid of him because of how he looks and, because of that, he, often times, find himself locked and strapped in a pillory.

LOCATIONS:

Beregost
    Bladewyke

P.S. This is just the required screenshot with UI... it was taken in Elysium Mines while he was hanging out with his friend...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I've gone and lost my head! - Costume Entry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. amarious

amarious Avatar

Lurking Graveyard Reaper - Costume Entry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  10. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

On every Halloween, an evil apparition is summoned to remind all of Novia the power the Obsidian Order and to spread fear across the lands! It has no known name, but some believe it’s a servant of the demon Nybbas.

[​IMG]

Powered by pure cruelty and malice, this horror terrorizes the citizens of Novia. Although just a phantom and cannot cause harm, the memory of this creature scars the minds and souls of those it torments.

[​IMG]

At the end of Halloween, this horrible entity is filled with pride for its night of wickedness. Before it leaves, it pays respect to the Obsidian Order and to the Death Mages, laughing manically until it fades again from the world.

[​IMG]

Commentary: A little old, a little new, and a healthy amount of fright! The (awesome) 2017 Jack-o-Lantern Glowing Mask is the centerpiece of this outfit along with the terrifying Ornate Kobold Chainsword! To round out the costume, the Frogkin Ring gives a gangrenous skin look that accompanies a mix of Rotton Armor and Flame Leather pieces. The look is finished with a Jabbering Bertha and the classic Zombie Wings.

Big thanks go to Xee and to Cassyr Dubois of the Tower of High Sorcery!

Happy Halloween!

-- Engineer

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Cordelayne, Lace, majoria70 and 24 others like this.
  11. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Submitting my basement for spooky property contest, basement only. Player owned town of Elementum: Location coordinates: 112.3, 39.5, 199.2
    Area: Elementum (POT_swamp_metropolis_01_template/Elementum) Loc: (112.3, 39.5, 199.2)

As you come in...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What awaits in the chamber...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What is going on here...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wonder, what else goes on here...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for your consideration.

12. Vooch

Vooch Avatar

Category: Property
    Area: Mynwent (POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Mynwent)
    Loc: (381.8, 46.3, 218.4)

Twilight Tempest (forum: @Nighttempest) and Vooch (forum: @Vooch) are extremely happy to invite you to Mynwent Haunted House. We've spent the past nine months preparing for this single contest.

Mynwent Haunted House is located in the Player Owned Town Mynwent at the City lot owned by Vooch (381.8, 46.3, 218.4). After you enter the Player Owned Town of Mynwent, turn around and head East along the dirt road. You will see the Haunted House on the left island. This house has an innovative audio home tour feature, so be sure to bring your Portable Aether Vibration Amplifier!

We recommend showing up 30-45 minutes into any hour (tours begin at HH:49).

A bat's eye view of The Church of Chaos at Mynwent Haunted House.
    [​IMG]

The front entrance to Mynwent Haunted House. Public executions were setup to kill the traitors.
    [​IMG]

The mad scientist concocted his potions in this room.
    [​IMG]

After someone died, they were sent to the mourning room so relatives could pay their respects.
    [​IMG]

The last remaining citizens barricaded themselves in this room during a lengthy siege.
    [​IMG]

Traitors were executed in the guillotine room.
    [​IMG]

Hundreds of people's ashes were stored in the basement. The amount of chaotic energy here was so powerful, it attracted the Liches.
    [​IMG]

Sometimes corrective measures were invoked in the torture chamber.
    [​IMG]

I hope everyone can visit and enjoy Mynwent Haunted House!

13. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

[​IMG] Category: Property
    Location :Festival (POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Festival) Loc: (53.1, 38.0, 154.5)
    Alphaine's Academy
    IGN: Alphaine Nine
    99% of all the Items are From in game Grinding and Collection....This game has the Great potential of anything...and I mean ANYTHING!!
    Enjoy your tour...Feel free to visit My Place All are welcome...

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    A seemingly innocent building in the town of Festival...Stories were told by some and few...

[​IMG]
    Everything has a secret to tell. (Memoribilia of victims remains) candle stands...are they as well?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The Basement Altar of the Obsidian Gloom...There source of the Evil blooms...

[​IMG]
    The Green Room...a lonely scarecrow stood in quietly...that was bound with eternal pact to its masters...The Obsidian Lords..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] The Red Room...The Armory of the dead...as the Shrine to please the Obsidian Lords..

[​IMG]
    The Soul of Obsidian conjured upon the Scarecrow...READY FOR BATTLE

[​IMG]
    I shall burn this place down with The Holy Fire !! Condemn Thee back to where thou Belong.

[​IMG]
    The Yellow Room...It is Now Cleansed and the Treasure awaits..I will be the New Master...

Thank you for Viewing :p
    Alphaine

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  14. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Please inform me if the pictures are not showing o_O

15. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Now... I present the two most terrifying things this game has to offer....

[​IMG]

These two objects will bring even the strongest grown man to the point of whimpering like a newborn baby.

16. Kabalyero

Kabalyero Avatar

House Entry

The House Of Scarecrows
    (NO Add On Store Items were used in decorating the house.)

Located in the busy town of Bladewyke is The House Of Scarecrows. It's an Obsidian 4-Story Row House located in Bladewyke's Market Area and, even though, it's called The House Of Scarecrows, it's not entirely filled with scarecrows because, if it was then getting inside the house and moving around would become extremely difficult.

[​IMG]

The ground or first floor of the house is the receiving area and it's well lighted because it is where visitors or guests are welcomed. There are books with Scary Stories on the tables to keep visitors or guests occupied or entertained.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second floor is the Mini Library. In this area, visitors or guests will find more books to read to keep them occupied or entertained longer. Again, the area is well lit making reading possible and not too uncomfortable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The third floor is more like an open closet or a small armory. It is where the house owner keeps all his wearables and he does not own a lot. Only basic wearables one can buy from an NPC Merchant or crafted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The fourth floor is where all the blood and guts are spilled. Well, if you want to butcher animals like bears and wolves then blood and guts are definitely going to spill and it will spill all over the place because it's a very small space.

[​IMG]

Location: Bladewyke Market Area. You will find the House Of Scarecrows very near the entrance. It's the first Obsidian 4-Story Row House to right of the Crafting Area and right next to the Decoration NPC Merchant and Devotional.

P.S. This is just the required screenshot with the UI. You'll also see that I've used up all decoration limits on the property. I can still place many containers but there is almost no more space inside and a few more lights for when Portalarium finally fixes the Crafted Jack-O-Lantern placement bug.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Lace, majoria70, Soleidad and 14 others like this.
  17. Trina

Trina Avatar

Oh wow, there's like all kinds of spooky happening in these spiffy and snazzy screen shots. We have a fog machine and a couple of chezzy candles burning in the back ground. A cheap, questionable red curtain. It's more like what that's spooky I don't have going on in this pictures? I mean what's with those moldy old books anyways? Maybe they're some kind of long lost recipe for blueberry sherbet ice cream. Or maybe they're just the shattered dreams of an old barber shop quartet, hasty written down in the closes thing they could find. Which happened to be a moldy old book. And then after writing in the book, they sat it down on that creepy shelf..... and the barber shop quartet was never to be heards from again......(more dots) And then there's that pipe...(less dots) Oh that pipe and I actually go way back. It used to be part of the water heater when I was in grade school. Why we would hang out all the time that old pipe and me. Yup, them was some good times with the pipe. Oh man, I think I just made myself cry thinkin' about the old pipe. Those were the days and I'll never have them back. Why this post isn't spooky at all! It turned out to be one sad post. I hate writing.... and remembering stuff.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lace, majoria70, Soleidad and 9 others like this.
  18. WindSilvermoon

WindSilvermoon Avatar

Costume Entry

Name: Wind Silvermoon, Witch of the Wildfires... err I mean Wildflowers!

This is a festive costume celebrating this wonderful holiday with the colors of autumn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lace, majoria70, Leelu and 8 others like this.
  19. Sir Holisy

Sir Holisy Avatar

Costume Entry - Demon Hunter Paggy Holisy

Last night I had a dream.
    [​IMG]

I awakened the something from the mirror.
    [​IMG]

Sh!!!
    [​IMG]

We fight and turned the dream burns like hell.
    [​IMG]

It just makes my blood boil.
    [​IMG]

Property Entry - Demon Hunter's Tower
    Area:
    Brittany Wharfs(Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs)
    Loc: (33.3, 46.5, -25.6)

I decided to call him out. wait... I saw his leg...
    [​IMG]

He is a man who cannot countenance defeat. He is going to play the voice of hell.
    [​IMG]

Terrible music! He was unhappy with me. so...
    [​IMG]

Of course, I won!
    [​IMG]

I Say: Don't do this trick again... so bad...
    [​IMG]

Do not think of threatening Demon Hunter!
    [​IMG]

This is Demon Hunter's Tower. Demon's Jail.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017 at 8:36 AM
  20. Berek

Berek Senior Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Super awesome entries so far everyone!! You surprise us every time in these contests :). Can't wait to see more submissions!

Mhtic, Sir Holisy, Grimbone and 2 others like this.