Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Nighvision...low skill vs high

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Lord John Whorfin, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

Little suggestion here, except the fact that nighvision during time is longer... there is for now no point to lvl high end skill for nightvision, but the point is, who care about longer duration when you can easy renew this skill everytime. Why the visions of the nighvision not going closer and closer of the day vision higher the skill is ?

So at 100% or 120% someone will totally always see like if it was daylight in is screen... that could be a great and easy add to that kind of skill who is a bit useless to lvl for now...

Thanks for reading.

i395 and Kara Brae like this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Something is wrong with SOTA in general with lighting which forces me to use nightvision 24x7 now. Especially in any forest (Ulfeim) or dungeon (The Rise).

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Did it change this release? I noticed in Elysium, the silver ore nodes are much harder to spot, and in general it all looks a lot darker.

4. golruul

golruul Avatar

Something changed this release. Night vision in Elysium is much worse (much more green) than before, so much so that I've gone back to use the garbage light spell and not being able to see things.

It really baffles me why they are waging this war against players being able to see things. Fire elementals aren't a light source anymore either.

5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I agree that its a bit pointless to lvl the skill to have it longer enabled. Adding better view with higher level is the way to go, but full daytime view at night time with a night vision skill is pretty unrealistic really.
    Night vision should always look like night vision. (Greenish screen).

I dont have any problems with the game being too dark though..

6. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

But its cheap and easy Moon attunement which will make your other moon skills better.

I actually like it, and sometimes I use the light spell when I want it to feel a bit more immersive. I do feel the radius of the light spell should be able to be bigger if you charge it or something. Maybe it is already as I am not sure I have tried that.

If I have to mine I actually prefer it to be as dark as possible so I can see the surveyed nodes. There are pots of torches and lanterns you can turn on/off which helps in a lot of areas too.

In fact it feels like they changed surveying which now pulses more green. I preferred the grey I felt it was easier to spot.

But I don't mine much at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.