Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No Alchemy or Robes! :)

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

This subject really doesn't have a good place to go on the forums, it's not purely crafting related and there's no place to discuss clothing. So I'm counting it as an R8 feedback post geared towards future releases...

I'm hoping Alchemy and Robes make it into Release 9 or 10 (or by the end of the year, maybe?)

I'm especially hopeful that a variety of mage robes will enter the mix. I'd like to see mage robes get the same treatment as capes (movement). I searched the Unity Store but couldn't find a good example of this so I'm hoping that the devs can leverage the cape animation scripting for robes too.

When I think of mage robes I think of LARGE sleeves and wide baggy flowing long cloaks. I don't think the tight fitting cloth choices we have now. I realize this is purely a personal preference, but it's one that I doubt I share alone.

I think the following image is a good representation of what I'm talking about...
    [​IMG]

There could be many pockets (for scrolls and reagents) in those robes. They would blow in the wind and the many layers would make it difficult to tell exactly who you were dealing with - they're mysterious.

As a bonus, I'd love to see a robe set that allowed you to pull your hood on and off of your head. :)

Lastly, Alechemy...I think the devs have done a great job mimicking all the things we'd expect to see in an alchemists laboratory (something the above picture also illustrates quite well). However I'd really love to see some kid of functionality soon (even if it's just an Easter egg).

I know the devs are hard at work on PVP and many other things. I just wanted to lobby for some of the cool stuff that hasn't made it into the game yet. :)

2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Yes! Bring on the mage attire! My mage looks like a fool as for now...(I even got laughed at in my green benefactor shirt)...Also, need wizards hats/beards and long hair!

3. GreenSmokeFalling

GreenSmokeFalling Avatar

What kind of Alchemy do you want? Like D&D alchemy where you could essentially put spells in a bottle or just what games have done to alchemy here lately and make it only healing potions and buffs? Because I like the D&D style where alchemy potions could have effects similar to spells.

4. Drocis the Devious

I like the idea of having alchemy play a big role in the discovery of new spells and combos.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Raistlin and Dalamar.

Long flowing cloaks are out of style for mages atm.
    Atm it's just wearing underpants :)

I kid, I kid

I don't know why we don't have these types of robes in the game. It looks sinister and cool, we should totally have these.

6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    alchemy and body parts! muhahaha!

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Body parts will be a big deal if they're gutsy enough to do it. What other game allows you do do actual necromancy ? Not many. Corpse wax is already pretty grisly and cool..

I can see it being a flashpoint for parents tho...

8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I would love some evil/necro garments as well. Please do not leave out the evil side of the equation hehe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Blood Mage in Vanguard had to use body parts to make spells :)

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes please have robes and mage hats for the wizardly folk:)

11. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Would be great to see the mages in robes - bring on the robes!

12. Caradin

Caradin Avatar

+1 for robes and capes with a hood you can pull on and off

13. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

I concur.
    My plan has always been to bring the Cunning Folk to New Britannia, but can't without alchemy and proper robes :(

14. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I think cool looking robes are on the the devs minds, they arent developed yet, Look at Stephen´s work:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I like the 2nd armor...but would rather have a wizards hat than a hood myself. I know some of the dark mages will like the hooded look.

Gauntlet of Reagents huh...pretty interesting...I must have missed these pics...Must be from the early days :) Hope they get back into a variety of outfitis for many different play-types. I love making my character look how I want...Cosmetic slots are pretty important.

16. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

+1 to robes
    +1 to /hoodup & /hooddown

AvorinSwiftslay, Time Lord and rild like this.
  17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Was AC1 a good game for you then? It allowed both collection of reagent and experimentation with the type of reagents and their order to discover and record spells of different schools and levels. Really interesting system. The downside was it took real work! :)

SOTA seems more skill driven to start, with known skills then requiring reagants. So kinda sorta alchemy in the sense that putting reagent together produces some spell result, but not experimental.

I agree experimental is interesting.

18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I would be for *more work* in hopes of an unique alchemical recipe. There is to much intent gratification now days. I say reward people that want to work for something special.

19. Drocis the Devious

I didn't play AC but I understand the comparison. As I remember it, AC also changed as more people figured out the system, the more popular spells lost power which in theory encouraged players to keep their findings a secret.

SOTA doesn't appear to be headed this way at launch, but it may evolve into a more complex system over time. I'm hoping we see the seeds for this early on.

AvorinSwiftslay, Time Lord and rild like this.
  20. Drocis the Devious

I have no problem with that, I agree it looks cool. It's very much a style that is popular today (think Assassin's Creed). But I'm partial to a different style, and appreciate a less athletic, less refined look to my mage. I would love to see the option for both modern and traditional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.