Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No ankhs still in ravensmoor at this location

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Echondas, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

09/30/2018 15:04
    Title: No ankhs still in ravensmoor at this location
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? YES
    Details: There is still no ankh in Ravensmoor at this location
    Steps to Reproduce: Die in this location with doors closed, can't res.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.840.Date.09.28.18
    Area: Dungeon1_DragonBoneCrypt
    Area Display Name: Ruins of Ravensmoor
    Loc: (60.6, 0.0, 138.8)
    Debug: RHVuZ2VvbjFfRHJhZ29uQm9uZUNyeXB0fHwoNjAuNjA0LCAwLjAwOCwgMTM4LjgxKXwoMCwgLTEsIDAsIDAuMDIxKXwxODIuNDk4OXwxOC4yNjAwM3w4LjAxNTAwMQ==

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the feedback! As a note, we don't put rooms in every room that has closed doors. We scatter ankhs across a scene at what we consider reasonable distances and it's certainly possible for a player to die in a place that is inaccessible to an ankh. Because of your feedback, I'll review the ankh placement in this dungeon. However, I can't guarantee any ankh movement or additions. Added as issue #62147.

Echondas likes this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thanks @Sannio !

I died again there this weekend and got stuck unable to res- so I figured I'd report it again.. luckily a friend was around to come res me - so I didn't have to eat the auto-ressurection penalty (gear decay, exp loss, and stat debuff)

I definitely believe there needs to be an ankh behind those doors that lock you in .. OR maybe those doors get removed or don't close? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been stuck there dead a few times over the years and started to rage about the added penalties from auto-ressing.

Thanks!

PS -
    (If there's other locations like that where a player can get stuck as a ghost with no ankhs accessible and have to auo-ressurect - perhaps it can be discussed to adjust all of them, as part of the quality of life (death?) or NUE polish?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.