No Binding everywhere!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chatele, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I hope in Episode 2.

2. oplek

oplek Avatar

Meh. Feels like the core of the game is chipping away, piece by piece.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If I were one to teleport around.. why would I pay money into the store for a bind point if I can get dozens of them for free? This might work if you only teleport around to one or two places.. but if you have to pay out real money then it won't stop people from using their friends list. It's only adding to the options people have making it that much easier. How much are you willing to pay to clear your friends list?

4. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Nearly every QoL implemented by Port has the same group of people complaining about either immersion breaking or the game becoming too easy.

News Flash, what was released was failing. Time for dramatic changes BEFORE the game is shuttered. These changes are very welcome by many still playing and would be even more welcome by many that already QUIT playing because they were not implemented sooner.

How about rather than complaining about QoL changes that are fairly standard in every MMO, everyone spends time trying to recruit back all those who left this game. I've been trying, join me.

Witcheypoo, MFWalter, Gorthyn and 6 others like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think multiple bind is a great idea.

Witcheypoo, Rowell and Montaigne like this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Many of the same people have been complaining about a failing game needing drastic changes or else the end will come, if you listen to them it's been a mass exodus since R1 and the servers will come down any day now. If you're going to complain about people complaining...

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Won't work. Everybody I know who quit the game, quit because the game was already headed in this direction.

And I've been saying this every time this conversation comes up.

But like I said in the other thread, it feels like we have the same conversation every five months on the forum, people patiently explain their views, and five months later, the same people still don't understand why people disagree with them. Of course, this comes with the usual load of passive aggressive insults that don't help forum conversations at all. Like @kaeshiva accusing people of "intentional outward inflicted selfishness" and all the accusations that people want to punish themselves and everyone else, because anyone who disagrees with you guys doesn't even have a good faith opinion, and just wants to punish themselves and other people.

Anyway, I predicted the game wouldn't be successful at launch; I wasn't surprised at all. On the other hand, I've noticed some of the people who are now saying this is "needed" voiced their view on the forums that the game would, in fact, be successful on launch and there was nothing to worry about.

Blightlord Knightmare likes this.
  8. Nib

Nib Avatar

IF you are against bind points then don't use them. I guess they need to have 4 options for the multiplayer UI, open, party, private and "MUH IMMERSION"

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Funny. Everyone I know who quit, quit because of all the nonsense punishment mechanics and enforced tedium. So it goes both ways.

Its funny that you are accusing me of insulting people when in the same sentence you call me passive aggressive? I've never said anyone's opinion is invalid. Posting one's own opinion is the very point of such a forum, no? I simply made the very valid point that nothing is stopping people who WANT more punishment from having it. They can do this right now, without having to inflict their preferences on anyone else. There's plenty of ways to make the game harder, more tedious, etc. through artificial means for the purposes of RP and immersion. I know a lot of people who do it, I respect them for their choice, and am often impressed by their perseverance and what they can achieve when playing with artificial handicaps. Doesn't mean that I'd enjoy the game under the same set of criteria, though, or that I think such handicaps are good for the game as a whole - that's my opinion.

Its funny because I had concerns about the game at launch too for the opposite reasons as you. Because I felt they would struggle to appeal to a wide audience due to the amount of time-waste mechanics the game had. I personally feel that player quality of life is an excellent step in the right direction - and I know that you and others may disagree, and think that everything would be better if we had hardcore mode on all the time and everything took longer - and you are entitled to do so. The main difference is that nothing is stopping you from playing the game that way -right now- if that's how you feel it should be played. That's my main problem with this faction or opinion or whatever is what they want they can't have unless they inflict it upon everyone.

10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You did it again, @kaeshiva .
    You said most everything I was going to say, only probably better and less antagonistic than I would have.
    Obviously, I agree 100%. ;)

11. redfish

redfish Avatar

No, you just said people who disagreed with you must be selfish and bad people who want to hurt others... and now again, you're saying they want to punish themselves and punish other people.

So, be defensive if you want and try to turn this back on me. Its fine if you have different opinions. The problem is that you're making this all personal, and portraying people who don't agree with you as bad people.

Yea, and mocking people with stuff like "MUH IMMERSION" is also insulting.

Oh right, because instead if just being insulting, you would have been twice as insulting.

Blightlord Knightmare likes this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I haven't even started on you, @redfish - and yet you call me out.
    You want insulting ?
    The concepts you espouse are for people who sit in their houses all day and don't actually play the game like most of the rest of us.
    Those who embrace those concepts would like for the overworld to be some sort of meeting place for those who don't actually play the game- and want to force the rest of us to join you.
    So, you think I was insulting by agreeing with @kaeshiva ?
    Ok, consider me insulting..... I'd consider that a badge of honor, tyvm ? ;)

Witcheypoo likes this.
  13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Perhaps that's because some people's version of IMMERSION is, in itself, insulting to many people.
    Insulting and unrealistic to say the least........

14. smack

smack Avatar

I don't understand what the issue is regarding this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all they're doing is changing Recall so that you can now teleport to more than one fixed location. They didn't say anything about changing how Teleport worked, did they?

Because essentially this just fixes Recall so it's more consistent with Teleport, such that you can now instantaneously teleport to any number of fixed locations (bind points) or moving locations (your friends). It doesn't break the game in any way beyond what Teleport has already done.

Personally, I would have preferred an entirely different fast travel system that relied more on all different kinds of Lunar Rifts. We only have a very limited number of one kind currently, so nothing was stopping them from expanding on that concept. But this is the path they've chosen.

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Thanks for saying that. Frankly, I see this as part of the problem. Some on the forums think that when players express different opinions than theirs, its insulting... so, instead of engaging in civil discussion, they return fire with insults.

16. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I was always a proponent of fast travel but since the control points were opened I don’t need any binding points simply to travel around and am happily running around on the overworld map. I believe that as long as teleportation still has a cost associated with it, there will still be plenty of players who use the overworld map to travel.

In any case I am strongly opposed to the suggestion that only homeowners can bind to multiple homes. Homeowners have enough advantages as is.

17. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Yes for binding everywhere: It helps you to keep your Friends list more clean and it also reduces the number of scene loads.

18. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

I am happy that the Linux client do not have a in-game map.

19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

This is precisely what I would love to see in game. The mechanic could be fairly similar but rather than a mark spell/scroll it could just cost some gold to create a bind point within a book. A recall button within the book could work provided you had the recall scrolls in your pack. They could even sell ornate books on the store with additional slots, unique covers etc.

20. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Why not give the alchemists more scrolls to craft and sell? I think if one have to pay gold coins it would be better another player get it, should not be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.