Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No changes to TAP-SOUL :(

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i asking again to reduce the time of negative healing attunement... 2 min si too high..

change it to 20 seconds.. (that is also a lot a time)

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I disagree. I think the 2 minute timer is fine. Tap soul is a powerful spell and you should not be able to use life magic afterwards for even longer IMO.

20 seconds is easy to workaround especially in boss battles and pvp. 2 minutes is not, and makes way more sense to me for balance reasons.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Balance means: "I CAN'T USE TAP SOUL ANYMORE" ?

i think that balance means: "i can try to use it...." but with a 2 minutes cooldown ..

PVP fights needs 20-30 seconds to end with a die...
    and bosses... there are players that can heal.. and player that can attack... attack a bosses launching random spells... (life and death by the same player??) is not tactical with bosses.

.. we have see a lot of time on SOTA.. the NERF-METHOD... .. players uses too much a skill? just make the skill completely useless... we talked a lot about this wrong approach... and for me.. what happened to TAP SOUL.. is just a confirmation of a wrong working method.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I've seen plenty that have gone to a stalemate or been longer than 20-30 seconds. The combination of tap soul and life magic were the biggest cause of this.
    There are players that can solo bosses. Also you say it isn't tactical to use life and death by the same player... but isn't that exactly what you're asking for?

There should be things like this with all the opposing magic schools. My opinion is nobody should be using opposing schools effectively.

Laurana and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  5. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

OK, let's continue to destroy this game... what is next step? negative attunement of fire when a playetr use a water spell?
    it's completely insane to NERF life or death skills (used for the most of the time for PVE) just for a PVP issue (PVP players seems to be disappeared...)

if a player has level 80 of tap soul... the negative life attunement need to be something like 80 seconds... and for negative attunements i talk about -80/2 points ....

TAPSOUL at 80... LIFE ATTUNEMENT -40 ... for 80 seconds...
    TAPSOUL at 40 ... LIFE ATTUNEMENTS -20 for 40 seconds...
    TAPSOUL AT 120 (like levels of PVP) ... LIFE ATTUNEMENT -60 for 2 Minutes...

but -140 of attunement like now.. please...

6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Good luck with your selfish crusade!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I gotta agree. Tap soul was so *widely* used because of its imbalance. If you cant recognize that, then it is what it is.

The 2 trees are supposed to completly contradict each other. This is the first real penalty on a skill that actually works towards making people make choices.
    20 sec is no where near long enough.
    And its quite obvious death and life arnt supposed to be used in correlation of each other.. Thats like complaining your using Fire arrow to dot someone, but then ure blizzard spell removes the dot. Kiiinda the same thing IMO.

Barugon and Adam Crow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.