Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No Experience Bonus Leveling

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Xander Xavier, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

While playing with a second account with no experience bonus I am finding incoming and out going adventuring experience do not balance well after about level 20. After burning up all my questing experience I find my experience pool going to zero while fighting blue and yellows mobs.

On top of this going to zero allows me to note you have reduced the experience valves of many mobs. Once upon a time you reported the experience points awarded for each kill in our chat log. I object strongly to your tactic of changing reporting methods as a means of covering up changes in the game.

XX

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The change was made public i think. If your talking about the reduced xp. Im not sure the skill gain rate has been reduced to compensate, tho.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And you are now experiencing the skills as they will work when they take away all the bonus exp, time to manage your skills a little more so you can train better. If oyu focus on skills a little better you can gain them faster. if you continue to just leave a lot open then you will still gain but at a much slower rate.

This is A W S O M E, and wokrs pretty well to make traiing somthign you have to think about and not just run amuck kill / train / kill / train . . . . . . .

4. Noric

Noric Avatar

Last wipe i went from 68 to 87 with no boost(and not with bugged quests, air magic or ghost corp). I honestly didn't feel like the speed was that bad as long as you controlled you skills. There is a lack of content for that level segment but that's somewhat unrelated to the xp side of things.

Time Lord, Ice Queen, Birne and 3 others like this.
  5. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

@EMPstrike
    I'm sure your right and it is a big balance issue, XP gained vs XP applied it needs to be brought to the Devs attention so It can get on the fix it list. There is going to need more polish to get it down pat,

@Weins201
    Really,,,, why is it when ever a thread gets started that has anything to do with XP, some one has to jump in with "Manage your Skills" comment. The system is broke, managing you skills buy turning them off to build up XP then turning on a different skill to dump you XP into , is not AWESOME, its a hack work around to side step a broke / unbalanced XP system, you should not have to play with your XP turned off (meaning not gaining) so later you can turn it on when you want to dump it into something new. you should all ways receive credit when using a skill, and the credit should be for the skill you use, not saved up for different skill later on

The hole point of the poster thread was He is killing at level or even slightly higher, and lot building XP. this definitely sounds like a slight unbalance not to be shadowed by other thoughts.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I never said lock all your skills, I said manage your skills, do not confuse them.

And the point is simply - if you have ALOT of skills set to gain they are going to use up the points you earn faster and eventually be forced to put less points into each. If you manage your skills you can gain each one at a much faster rate, AND since you can focus on which skill you train you can learn to either a lot of smaller one faster or kill a harder one without getting killed . . . .

Those that actually think locking all your skills is going to be something of the past since there are systems that are going to prevent shutting of every skill.

So stop confusing training intelligently with shutting them all of and then basically hitting a gust ball to train.

You can very, yes very, easily avoid all this, and balance your training by actually managing what skills you have set to train / maintain / lock / unlearn.

To those who refuse to accept this DLTDHYOTB

7. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Well I for once have to agree on how this is dealt. You kinda have to focus ur training to get the most out of the time spent. I like that it hasnt been casualized yet.

Black Tortoise and Time Lord like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Where do you suppose those points are going ?

Not true.
    How many xp's you get from killing ANY mob is related to nothing and is constant.

9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I have every polearm skill in gain mode, earth innates and stone fist in gain mode, health, ad infinitum. Don't pay attention to the experience pool. You will have all your experience allocated one way or another. Just this episode, I am GM polearm, and all the skills in the tree are over 67. Most innates are 58 to 68 and healing touch is 75. I would have worried myself sick turning stuff off, turning stuff on, and ending up in the same place eventually. The allocated experience my skills represent is the sum total of all I have gained adventuring. If I had been turning stuff off and on, I would still have allocated the same experience point total. A bonus is that my character is completely balanced. My advice is to turn up every single skill you want to work on and then just have fun.

10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Aldo is exactly right.

Instead of watching xp in's and out's, just decide what you want to gain - turn them up, and go out and kill the toughest thing you can find to kill. Everything else will take care of itself.

You kill, you get xp's for your pool.
    If you are not gaining xp's in your pool, it is because all those kill xp's are going into raising what you have turned up and are using.

Just keep killing and you'll get where you want to be in the end......... ;)

11. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

The only question I have about this is;
    Are we still expending at a 2x rate. Last time, even w/out the 4x multiplier you would still spend 4xXP (by spend I mean pull it from your pool to the skills themselves). So I was curious as to if he really is experiencing the game as it will be. He might actually be behind the 8ball right now, earning at 1x and spending at 2x.

12. Noric

Noric Avatar

Unless I'm mistaken the increases spending rate was to deincentive gust balling, so I would expect at least some of it to be around.

Time Lord and Oba Evesor like this.
  13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

nope all 2x, just bad planning on individuals part

14. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

You have two playstyle choicesregarding xp and skill gain.

First do you want to min/max (really micromanage) your skill gains. If so, you have to manage xp and skill gain.

But if you don't care, just play the game. Playing the game distributes xp against all your skills. You aren't forced into managing your skills unless you make a conscious choice to do so. And if you make that choice then you're commiting to micromanaging your skills to maximize your skill gain at a rate acceptable to you.

15. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

ahh, cool, misunderstood. Thought he said he wasnt earning at 2x.

Time Lord and Fister Magee like this.
  16. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

@Oba Evesor
    This is correct, he most likely is gaining at 1X and spending at 2x, hence he will go to zero, were you and I will balance out some were gaining @ 2x and Spending @ 2X Its pretty much a simple over sight , thatwas missed among the many other things so far.

@Weins201
    Could you explain this NOPE for all of us ?

Since my second account toon is only gaining at 1X (I just made her to confirm the skill gain)

17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Reading this I felt it was a good post for the development team to consider.

Is the fun factor intended to be in managing the skills to some fine, gut wrenching detail, or simply in watching the ones used go up. What is the right balance.

I agree with Aldo, err towards allowing one to select the skills of interest and making that fun. And build the system to reward skills used, not penalize for too many skills being 'turned on' that make one fret about management.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  18. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Doubly so when the current dev philosophy is shut up play (i.e. don't think about it and just play). Doesn't really work at all well currently.

Time Lord, Aldo and Miracle Dragon like this.
  19. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Eventually even w/2x you'll reach a point of diminishing returns. You can either micro manage them or just continue as you are. What I will add is that the larger your XP pool the easier it is to level skills.
    As far as an oversight, I dont know that it was. I believe this is intended as folks were building pools so large they couldn't spend it.

It'd be easier to ask; What is the meaning of life? Its less divisive. :p

20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I don't need to explain it experience and training have been set to 2X for this release, no trickery or hidden agendas.

Just plain 2x across the board to get us ready to 1x in the future, any speculation or crystal balls are just that hokum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.