No Need For Land Rush Panic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by enderandrew, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I've seen multiple threads complaining about the land rush and how people are going to be left out in the cold. Math says this isn't so.

First off, if you're holding a lot deed and waiting to claim, don't worry. There are tons of GOOD lots available. I'll get into GOOD lots later. But I want to address something people haven't really explained about what happens if you don't currently have a lot deed (most players) and the discussion of a lottery.

If you waited until the 1.0 launch (Q1 next year I'm assuming) you could have a rush of 50,000 players fighting over lots remaining. Portalarium would have to do a lottery to be fair and you wouldn't be guaranteed anything, even if you sold gold.

We know the NPC + PRT towns cover pledge deed and add-on store deeds + 30% buffer.

I think there were 5,971 lots they had to cover from pledge deeds by the June numbers. And they were covering add-on store deeds as well, so it is well over 6,000. So NPC towns ALONE have a buffer of 1,800 extra lots.

And the 310 POTs can hold as many as 16,640 village lots. (Bigger lots like city lots mean fewer village lots, but they can also fill up with smaller Row lots so it could be even more than that.

After the land rush there may be 17,000-18,000 free lots.

And there are 35,537 paid backers without lot deeds you're competing against, so it seems like a lottery is needed and nothing is guaranteed.

**But right now very few people are playing because it hasn't launched.**

The online player numbers are still in the hundreds.

If you save gold now, the moment lots become available for sale (should be R33) you will be only competing against hundreds or a few thousand players for 17,000 lots where no one should be left out.

If you wait until 2017 and launch, you very well could be left out.

All numbers based off June 2016 numbers. You need Dev+ access to view this post.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ak-peek-updated-pledge-stats-june-2016.52949/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.