Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No Quest update after getting all three dread artifacts - possible crooked shank bug?

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Cear Dragon, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

Many of us know that visiting crooked shank in past releases would give you the Reassemble Vermilion Lens quest no matter what. I was one of those people.

Going about my life yesterday I finished the three main paths and got all three artifacts. I spoke to the oracle, not in Britanny, and got my reagents. I never got any quest update or anything to seek the main oracle to continue the story. If I had no finished this quest before on a different character I would not have had a clue what to do. Perhaps the old crooked shank bug is involved.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Did you try going to the Oracle in central Brittany?

3. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

Oh of course. But any other player in my position would have no idea do that. All I was saying was after getting the three dread artifacts my quest journal never updated. So any other player in my position who had no done this whole thing before would have been lost.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The Crooked Shank bug had to do with a decoration item in the Mayor's House inadvertently having quest data on it when it shouldn't have, which gave you a journal entry and quest flag prematurely. It didn't block your quest progression, but it was confusing and annoying to those that suffered (and still may be suffering) from it. Thankfully, you can no longer get the journal update in Crooked Shank, but we weren't able to clear the premature quest data from players who already got it in Crooked Shank. This means that if you got that update in Crooked Shank, you wouldn't have gotten it again when you would have expected it. It's a really annoying problem with the only safe way of handling it is to try proceeding through by asking for help and for good players like Jaesun to guide the way through the issue, and I apologize for that.

Cear Dragon and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.