Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[No Repro]After dismissing pet during battle, incorrect error: "Your call was unanswered"

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Kelly O'Shay, Dec 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

12/24/2016 10:07 PM
    Title: After dismissing pet during battle, went to safe place and tried to re-summon pet. Got the incorrect error message "Your call was unanswered".
    Reproduction Rate: rare, hard to duplicate
    Blocker? No, But sometimes the pet is lost, sometimes not.
    Details: I have heard reports of this from other players, but when it happens to them, they report that the pet was lost from the whistle. In my case, I didn't actually lose the pet. All I experienced was the incorrect error message when I tried to summon the pet.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Call a pet and fight a strong enemy.
    2. When another enemy joins fight and it looks hopeless, dismiss the pet so he will not die.
    3. Run to a safe place so that the two enemys leash back to their starting points.
    4. Check paper doll and see that pet on whistle appears fine and there are no red death countdown numbers on the pet whistle.
    5. Check the "buffs" under my name and see that there is no longer a pet summon timer running.
    6. Try to summon the pet.
    7. Get the incorrect message "Your call was unanswered."
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12213
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.534.Date.12.23.16
    Area: HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Deep Ravenswood
    Loc: (-153.2, 40.5, -202.2)

The message "Your call was unanswered" has only appeared in my experience when the pet has died and not been res'ed in time, and has become lost from the whistle. In my experience the correct message when the pet was dismissed and cant be summoned until the summon timer expires is "You are not ready to use this yet".

I have not seen this happen often. A friend has told me about this but so far this has not happened to me, until now. I am writing this up to keep you informed. But, I am not sure I can duplicate this. Normally when I dismiss a pet and try to summon it back I get the correct message. I am trying to think of anything different this time. The pet was not dead yet, but was about at 10% health. I could still see the pet but it was pretty far away. I had already backed up out of the battle but the pet had continued attacking both of the bears. I hit dismiss and the pet disappeared correctly. I checked the paper doll and the whistle did not have the red numbers counting down, so I hoped the pet was not lost. When I checked the "buffs" area below my name I did not see the pet summon timer running. I backed up a bit further to a safe place and tried to summon it again. That didnt work. I got the incorrect message "Your call was unanswered." This worried me, so I exchanged the whistle for another. When I tried to summon that animal, I got the same wrong message again. I tried another one and the same thing happened. Then, I decided to exit the zone before one of the pets was gone from the whistle. I ran to another zone and swapped to a different pet. This time I was able to summon the pet.

Based on the report from my friend if I had stayed in that same zone longer the pet may have disappared from the whistle. But I didnt want to test that and lose my pet so I exited and went to another zone after swapping out the whistle a few times. Then everything started working right again.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Very odd. We are having difficulty reproducing this internally. I'd be interested to see if we could get some focus on trying to reproduce this. Perhaps it had to do with exactly where you were standing when trying to call the pet? Perhaps it was an invalid location, and the pet couldn't spawn at that spot? Although in instances where that happens (often in swamps on top of water), it just fails without feedback (also not great).

If possible, please try to see if you can get it to happen again, and if so, report back with how to get it to occur. :) Thank you for your report!

4. Slaze

Slaze Avatar

I also had this happen tonight. I received message "Your call was unanswered" 7 times in a row, I then ran around a few seconds and tried again ad was able to summon my pet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.