Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[No Repro]Lot Dimensions Bugged.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Nomalice, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nomalice

Nomalice Avatar

[9/29/2017 7:32:52 AM] 9/29/2017 7:32 AM
    Title: Lot Dimensions Bugged
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Cannot place Greenhouses end to end on village or town lots anymore which reduces usability. Saved property manager setups will fit.
    Steps to Reproduce: attempt to place greenhouses end to end on village or town lot
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16326
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.662.Date.09.27.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Verat Chaos
    Area Display Name: Verat Chaos
    Loc: (44.1, 38.0, -74.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWZXJhdCBDaGFvc3woNDQuMTEyLCAzOCwgLTc0Ljc2MSl8KDAsIC0wLjY5MywgMCwgMC43MjEpfDg3LjQzOTYxfDguNDE2NDR8MS4yNQ==

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Travelled to location indicated. If you are referring to not being able to place a small greenhouse into the gap between the normal sized iron greenhouses, that issue appears to be because a streetlamp was rotated the wrong way and collided with the building. Adjusting the streetlamp out of the gap allows for a Ruested Iron Small Greenhouse to be placed in the large hole as expected.

3. Nomalice

Nomalice Avatar

No, that's just me making the best of the situation.
    I was referring to the inability to place the regular rusted greenhouses end to end across the lot. You were able to fit up to six greenhouses on a town lot before R45. Something got screwed up on the corners or the fence lines and you are unable to do so now.
    Currently, I rotated the greenhouse long axis on the lot instead of across it. Apparently I experimented with the small greenhouse fitting in the gap while you checked it out. It is definitely not the solution I was hoping for.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Simply a misunderstanding of an unclear report. :) Will return to do some more testing. Do you have an example placed anywhere of a property that has 6 greenhouses fitting on it?

5. Nomalice

Nomalice Avatar

No. You can ask Randbo TheStud or Soryu GreenDragon if you want collaboration. I had a version saved on my village lot that I demolished yesterday to place on the town lot. Prior to that, I had a town lot saved with six greenhouses. Four on one end facing each other...across the lot facing the property marker....and another two across the back. It was very functional for a farm lot. The Village lot can only take two either face to face, at right angle or end to end along the long side.
    The town lot could take six, all across the long axis. This required using virtually every pixel of space. I suspect a very minor change was effected on either the fence boundry or the dimensions themselves that is impeding the placement.

P.S. I will ask in Discord forum if anyone still has a setup I can point you at.

6. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

7. Nomalice

Nomalice Avatar

Thanks Retlaw, but that lot has 4x Rusted Iron Greenhouses and 2x Rusted Iron Small Greenhouses. The setup to which I refer has 6x Rusted Iron Greenhouses arranged in three rows of two.

Retlaw likes this.
  8. Nomalice

Nomalice Avatar

Attenwood, I packed up my lot and used 2 x Rusted Greenhouses to see if it was just a corner issue, as that was what I was starting on. I tried putting two across the middle (which would have been my second row). I suspect that the fence line modifications impacted the usable space on the interior of the lot by several pixels which was just enough to cause collision on the greenhouses.

9. Nomalice

Nomalice Avatar

There was a reply with a link to an image showing the layout of the 6x greenhouses on a town lot. They are gone. There was also a reply from the moderator confirming it. It is gone.

This might be irrelevant, but I purchased a POT TF Town lot specifically for this reason. Its not much of a reduction, but it has affected its use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.