Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No training cost refund?

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by TroubleMagnet, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Well, I didn't expect training moneys to get refunded, and I did save up about 20K before update. I easily spent 1K on training, but I can see that the expensive part (at least for now) is up front. 100 per skill tree icon is a lot better than the 500 or more per upgrade that some skills had!

I felt lucky to save up that much money over the four-ish weeks I've been playing, because I was leveling fast enough for training costs to keep draining me dry under the old system.

Sir Grant and Katrina Bekers like this.
  2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Wrong.

When the skills were wiped last time, we needed a 1000gp/level refund, or else we'd be SERIOUSLY broken.

I mean, at the time, I spent 50K just to go back at my previous setup.

This time around, with only 100gp to pay ONCE for new skills, it's a piece of cake, really.

DancingShade and Dorham Isycle like this.
  3. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Yeah...

No money to retrain my character skills back to how they were and I can't even kill a single wolf before I run out of action points, with the wolf barely scratched.

While I like the rest of release 21 the combat system is kind of a bust.

On reflection, because I can't replay the easy starting missions for quick cash I pretty much have to run 40-50 mail runs to try and get back to where I was. Pass.

I'll wait for release 22.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  4. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

Starting out weak was not cool, but the skills raised quickly enough to be able to survive one on one combat. Liking it so far!

My main gripe was being stuck in the middle of nowhere with 280+ pounds in inventory and moving at a crawl to a big town. Got pulled into several battles on the way which I couldn't win. Very aggravating. But I do understand that this won't be the case for new characters...

5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Nice reply...

6. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

I also did a bit of stocking up in R20 in prep for this - it wasn't like this change was going to be a surprise - so stocked up on a bit of cash (30K) and ore in anticipation of large skill cost. Was actually quite surprised it only cost a 100 to get each node going. This is pretty trivial - you could go back bread and make a 1000 pretty darn quickly. Or harvest ore, and sell the granite blocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.