Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Non-Combat Bar is too small

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by ShadeObscura, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadeObscura

ShadeObscura Avatar

First thing I notice when logging in with the new update is that the Non-Combat Bar is now smaller.

I run at 1920x1080, if I run my display any smaller it is extremely difficult to read tooltips and such (I know as I had to do this for 2 months during a house project), even the chat window was hard to read with the largest text font selected.

With the Non-Combat Bar at its current size the text for fizzle/mat # is very fuzzy and difficult to read. (I do not use glasses as my vision is good).

With how the UI is setup there is no way for me to change the size of the bar so that it is readable.

As it currently stands I consider this to be a VERY major flaw in the new UI design.

It needs to either be larger or adjustable by the player.

2. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I wish we could make everything smaller or bigger or different location. Let the players figure out their favourite setup :)

Stella Moon, zyxe, Elwyn and 3 others like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

What I suggested in Dev+ too is that they could have the utility bar at large size when you're out of combat. When you'd go into combat, the utility bar would shrink and the combat bar would appear above it. Then, when you went out, the combat bar would disappear, and the utility bar would return to large size.

4. Selene

Selene Avatar

#truth It is so micro on my screen it hurts my eyes.

Stella Moon, zyxe, Vrunk Hrrk and 2 others like this.
  5. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

I like this idea. I think it would be even better if the the utility bar was large when out of combat (as you mentioned and as things were before) and would become small and go above the combat bar when in combat, leaving the combat bar below (where it used to be).

I feel this would create less distraction and make better use of the space.

6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I'm happy with the current size at 1910 x 1080. I could see it being a problem at higher resolution though. Hopefully the interface will be easier to scale/move in the future.

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I would be happy if we could just choose the size of the bars small/medium/large. On a small screen the standard combat bar size is enormous, and the mini-peace-bar size is just right.

Also, on the small screen computer, I put the bar at the top of the screen in R38. (just for visibility, only using keys so not clicking on it.) Now with R39 when not in combat mode, it is not possible to move the peace bar all the way to the top. But I care more about being able to select a smaller combat bar size.

8. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

at 1440p its definitely small, but not totally unreadable.

9. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I like the new size at 1920x1080 resolution.

10. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

It's much to small for me. Even with glasses, I can't easily read the values on the bar. Having a choice of sizes would probably be optimal.

11. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

right :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.