Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Non combat hotkey bars

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Now my opinion of the pathetically stupid combat system being limited to 10 hotkeys aside...

Explain to me why there are not multiple hotkey bars available outside of combat?

So you want me to have to open my inventory and drag my map of one city to my hotkey bar and replace one of my limited slots with it so I can look at it, then if I want to fish I have to drag that icon out of my skills menu and replace yet another hotkey with it so I can go fishing... oh wait let me check the map for this other city oh yeah I have to yet again open my inventory sort through my long list of items to find the map and drag it to the hotkey bar and replace the other map that I will probably be taking back out again before the end of the day... oh wait I need to recall, that's right I have to open inventory again and drag recall scroll to hotkey bar and yet again replace something with it... hmm replace the teleport scroll since I'm not using that right now.

Why are you tormenting the people you want to enjoy the game by making their gaming difficult and ultimately miserable... so when people ask what we think of this game coming out soon we reply with... "the dev's want the game to be really difficult to play, they call it 'challenging'... so they make the UI virtually unbearable to use "

Why you refuse to give us additional hotkey bars for NON-combat skills/items/maps... is beyond my limited intellect. I should have more hotkey slots then I could possibly find uses for.

Add more non combat hotkey bars because you're ruining the game for all of us... I'm just the only one willing to come here and tell you how stupid it is to not have more.

This should have been done years ago... and now you're thinking of releasing the game like this? Ha ha hahahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha ha ha ha rofl... (insert rude comment here)

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And I am the grumpie one, LoL

You actually have shown over and over, in almost every one of your posts how you despise the game, sorry but I have to ask, why are you still here? We are a few months from what should be the final wipe and heading to persistence and the basic mechanics you see - Deck System and Non Combat System are pretty much set?

Since you are non in combat there is no rush, hurry or really need for multitudes of glyphs on your screen, and changing them is simple for even the unintellectual.

What you should be more concerned with is the mindless clicking needed to performs some of the more mundane tasks, but the crafting of 20 was a nice change.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  4. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

No need to shout insults, we hear you! A non-combat bar is worth considering, and I will be sure to bring it up with the team.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Well looky here at Berek jumpin on the train O.O

Berek likes this.
  6. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@Berek I personally would like to have small bars to place items on purely to keep track of how many of them I have such as how many reagents I have in my reagent bag and that type of thing.

7. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

My noncombat bar is ussualy half empty.
    Ive never seen another game with maps on the hot bar.
    and with 100+ scenes how many bottons are you really asking for?

Never once thought "OMG i need more hotbar buttons!"

Black Tortoise and 4EverLost like this.
  8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I'm content with the combat system in general. I agree with @SabeSr on the non combat hot bar. It would not cover everything I need to get me "full suited". Alot of time I end up having to drag and drop glyphs while trying to do different things. It's not the end of the world, but it would be great QoL not having to swap glyph around all the time.

9. Zader

Zader Avatar

If I could drag emotes to my non-combat bar, I would use a lot more buttons!

FrostII likes this.
  10. Gix

Gix Avatar

I think the underlining issues with the non-combat bar is that:
    • It's unclear what skills can or can't be used out of combat.
    • What can be done out of combat and what can be done in the overworld map is inconsistent.
    • Items such as maps should be used from the inventory, not the action bar. (I'll be honest I haven't tried that recently so that might've been rectified without me knowing about it)
    It would be nice if:
    • Emotes could be converted into a button on the non-combat bar.
    • Dragging a consumable (like a potion) into either combat-bar or non-combat bar would automatically put the skill in place.

Black Tortoise and Lazlo like this.
  11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Takes a deep breath.......
    Perhaps you might find it easier to simply dbl/click on the map in your inventory.
    Voila' - map on screen........

Just a thought. ;)
    I can't take credit for it - from the R29 Instructions comes:

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  12. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

that would be very helpful, although a hotkey wouldn't bee needed it would serve the purpose

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  13. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Can't you just set up various decks for each and swap decks to get the 'suit' you want?

Want to go fishing? Pop on your fishing deck.
    Want to go barring? Pop on your tankard deck.
    Want to go mining? Pop on your miner deck.

Still have to do swapping but can do now, I think?

Ice Queen and Acred like this.
  14. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

nah @Weins201 s201

I do not despise the game, in fact I love games exactly like this, I've been playing them since Ultima Online first came out (I still chuckle when I cast earthquake and remember doing it at the bank in Britiania and watched all the lowbies drop like flies and guards appear, HAH! I just heard the sound in my head that those guards made when they appeared too.... hahahah classic)

It's just that it seems they haven't considered some very obvious things which makes me wonder how many online games they've actually played themselves in depth and said to themselves... "if I built a game it would have this and that"

Something such as having many hotkeys to use as we each see fit... is one of the key aspects in every mmog ever made. This should have been done from day one.

I can excuse 90% of all the suggestions I've made as things on the to-do list... but things like this? Its ubsurd that it wasn't thought of already, to me it strikes as a game being built by non mmog players, college kids with a programming degree yet no real world gaming xp.

There is no valid excuse other then to intentionally make it difficult to play the game... the combat system is what it is and I don't see it being changed but I will voice my opinion however untactful I tend to be I will work with it.

Let me ask this...

Why would I type with an old manual type writer when I have a pc that I can copy cut paste edit undo with then save and hit print as needed?

With that in mind why would I have a game that had no hotkeys? Or limited hotkeys.

With your suggestion in mind, then why have hotkeys at all even in combat... lets all have to type in the chat window /attack spider with sword or /cast fireball at wolf

Heck lets even disable the use of a mouse and make everyone use arrow keys on their keyboard to move cursor around screen... its really not that hard to do, just has a learning curve.

15. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Sorry Berek, I tend to speak what I think... I'd be much nicer if I was your boss but I'm not I'm a willing victim lol and thus subject to frustration.

I appreciate the consideration of the suggestion, You could even make different types of hotkey bars if you wanted to limit their use such as one that only holds maps and another that only holds spells... but that would be more work... just make them non combat.

Berek likes this.
  16. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

The Dark Side am I already... maybe.

4EverLost likes this.
  17. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

So I have to (1) click on inventory, then (2) scroll through list or click the filter option and type in "map" then (3) find that map among all the others then (4)click the map is what I believe you intended to say...

OR I could just (1) single click that particular map in one of my hotkey bars and poof insta-map...

Hmmm let me think... yeah my idea slightly more efficient method for the UI to operate and no real excuse why it can't be or hasn't already been done.

Can they please make a game that hits the world of gaming like being smacked by a double headed heavy war-hammer of impacting swung by a Titan on steroids?

One that every person who buys it on release day cancels their reoccurring subscriptions to various other games and they say... here's my game for the next 10 years, why play the others when this one has it all and more...

nah wait on second thought just make a mediocre game that few buy and even fewer play for long term...

18. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

Is it a bug or by design that if you left click on a skill in non-combat skill bar it removes it? Is there a way to lock it?

19. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Wait I thought there was only a deck system for combat, no?

Also it's not even that granule. I would like to be able to have a set of heal glyphs, buff glyphs, pet glyphs and misc stuff on the bar to use at my disposal.

20. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Keeping on the topic (without relating to the tone of it's writing): Having at least some more fields in the bar out of combat would be good. I also have some probs to get all into it (I'm a tamer, so calling, healing the pet and ressurecting come next to some heal spells for myself, teleports, a map, light, sprinting, .... you know where this ends ^^ ... It doesn't have to be many seperated bars, but at least a primary and secondary (switched while a hotkey is hold) would be cool. On this way we could put our only rarer used skills (like calls, resurection, teleports, ...) on the secondary one without overloading the hud.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.