1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Norgard Barbarians

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by DarkStarr, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

That's probably a reason but I'm not sure that's the only one..

Disgruntled likes this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

They mentioned wild boars were on their list already ;) They should be cool because they can have a charge attack and be a potential source of ivory.

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh by the way it would be really nice to be able to have the skulls shown in these costumes as decoration. So, for instance, instead of a turning a wolf, bear, stag, dragon, troll head into a mounted trophy, you could reduce it to a skull. These could possibly then be used in other recipes, but having them as skulls rather than as mounted trophies would be a nice decorative artifact for museums, or even for player-created quests and other scenarios.

DarkStarr and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Cool art direction for the Norgard and Verdantis barbarians. I really like it. Good work.

5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I just want to elaborate my point of view a little bit.

First, I know that real cannibalist were not wearing armors with lots of bones or something alike. In fact, they were not wearing many things :oops:.
    [​IMG]

But here we have canibalist barbarians, living in Norgard. To me, the problem is that the canibalists just look like normal men and women where they should look like beasts. I don't feel like there is a wild presence enough.

I would have imagined those canibalists extreme warriors with something like the bone armor (maybe with some blood paintings on it). Mostly, something with a convenient protection which is hiding the human face :

[​IMG]

Of course, the bone armor is maybe a bit too much. And the clans need to be visually identified. But you could imagine something like this :

[​IMG]

...or this :

[​IMG]

The first and the third here :

[​IMG]

Or :

[​IMG]

Now, with an appropriate bone helm, you can also imagine something really creepy, like this, with bone ornaments :

[​IMG]

And here is an easter egg :

[​IMG]

That said, good job with what has been done. I love the dragon clan armor.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  6. Curt

Curt Avatar

Studying the outfits I can draw the conclusion that norgard is not a wintery/cold place.

Saosis likes this.
  7. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.