Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Norgard Fens scene feedback

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by redfish, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I haven't done any quests in this scene, in fact I'm not sure if I can, because I tried to interact with the 'Commoners' and nothing happened.

However, I still have to say I love the scene for a lot of reasons.

- Very atmospheric sense of sloshing through marshes, plus there's a sense that everything in the scene belongs there. Its very good from a role-playing perspective.
    - I like that the enemies in the scene are spread out, which means you have to go look for them, and the scene isn't really set up for second-to-second farming of enemies. This makes it more enjoyable for me to spend my time there.
    - The places where there are enemies in the scene offer a field of combat where there are a lot of tactical opportunities. So, for instance, at the kobold encampment, I was able to act stealthily, get the attention of kobolds at the front, and get them to follow me down the pallisaded moat, where I could battle and kill them quietly. The inside of the encampment was also nicely designed and, there were also nice spaces that I could use tactically against enemies. And, of course, they could use them against me; such as the kobold archers which were positioned on the battlements, though that area is also useful, because you can hide from the other kobolds underneath there and go around the camp that way. There are a lot of enemies here, where it could get overhwelming for a solo player, but the game provides opportunities for you to do it if you're clever. The psylocibin lair also provides you a similar rocky landscape that you can use strategically, but the enemies also have a home advantage in that you can get trapped in there with them, trying to escape through the narrow exit.
    - (Note, I still wish that enemies followed the same rules as players; ie. vision being affected by darkness, this would open up a lot more possibilities).
    - The placement of the enemies within the scene also helped the role-playing vibe. I liked running into the psylocibins in a dank, wet place, and seeing the hulky kobold fighters guarding the outskirts of the camp, and running in to crocodiles running the swamp waters.
    - Great visual storytelling, even without going through the quests. I liked the creepy log home lair of the witch (I'm assuming), all the decorations were really nice, as was the roof, and the hidden cave with the children's cage, and the poison skull trap. I liked the monster psylocibin trapped in the kobold camp. The peasant homes were also nicely decorated as were the interiors of the kobold home.
    -A lot of nice small visual touches, too, like how the luminscent mushrooms look against the hedges in the dark, the sunken mossy stakes fencing the roads, etc.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Witcheypoo likes this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Heh. I unleashed the monster psylocibin, got out of the room, then it overran the encampment and killed all the kobolds....

Now to drag all the kobolds from the top level of the camp down to the bottom level, so they can meet their fates too... >:-D

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Note, you might want to set it up so that if the psylocibin ever kills all the kobolds and returns to his cage, and the player is not in the immediate area, the door locks back behind him. If not, he eventually will rampage again every time the kobolds respawn.

4. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

#1 reason to visit Norgard Fens

Gas that F$#^ing mushroom.

I think I could have sat there all day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.