Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

North Majestic Forest: Unknown Objects Super Glowing

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Traveller13, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

09/06/2018 20:38
    Title: North Majestic Forest: Unknown Objects Super Glowing
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: There are unknown objects with the old super glow bug in the North Majestic Forest. I first noticed it at dusk, SotA time. I waited until near the same time the following SotA day. It appeared again in the same spot. I then swam to the spot to see if I could identify a source. Then a second glow appeared. I didn't find any objects for sources. The first location below is where I spotted the first object. The second location is down in the water close to where both objects appeared. These objects seem to be tied to the angle of the light from the sun. Screen shots below show what I saw.
    Steps to Reproduce: See details.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32688
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.828.Date.09.06.18
    Area: Novia_R3_Forest01_02
    Area Display Name: North Majestic Forest
    Loc: (-29.2, 15.3, 42.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfRm9yZXN0MDFfMDJ8fCgtMjkuMTY5LCAxNS4zMjksIDQyLjAxMSl8KDAsIDAuOTczLCAwLCAtMC4yMyl8MTkxLjkzMTZ8MTEuODgyODR8Mi42NDAwMDM=

Area: North Majestic Forest (Novia_R3_Forest01_02) Loc: (-50.8, 7.6, 1.8) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjNfRm9yZXN0MDFfMDJ8fCgtNTAuNzk1LCA3LjYxMywgMS44NDUpfCgwLCAtMC45OTcsIDAsIDAuMDc3KXwyMTMuNTk0NnwyOS41NDQ1OXwxNi42MDk5OQ==

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Are you still seeing this issue? It looks like the other one you reported (Lost Vale black spots). You have a really nice graphics card.. so assuming it's a shader error on our side.. but just to be thorough you do have the most recent drivers?

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ok thank you for the additional info. Most of the time these visual artifacts are a result of particle-system sprites being pushed beyond Unity's capacity for HDR range (just too bright or being affected by too many lights), but there has been instances of other causes. We'll take a look!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.