Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Not a bug] Explore the Ruins of Midras Quest Did not Update

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Acaelus Fireharp, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Explore the ruins of Midras quest did not update when I spoke to the War Maiden or Midras, nor did a quest directing me to travel to Spite get added to my Journal.

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You need to speak to either Samael (if Samael is your spirit talker) or Miles Shepard (if not) to have the task to move beyond Midras added to your journal. If Samael is your spirit talker you will have two tasks added at that point. The Midras task will remain in your journal until that point in conversation is reached.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

@Lum the Mad Samael is supposed to be there though in the crypt, he was not there although he was talking to me and translating the War Maidens dialog.
    I cannot procceed to spite because of this.

I spoke to Miles Shepard, that did not work either.

I have revisited the Crypt a second time, Samael was not there this time either.
    I am about to run to Ardoris and see if i can pick up the thread in the tavern, but Samael not being physically present in the crypt is a blocker really, since i can't click him to talk to him.

I think we used to get a summon whistle for the spirit talker a few releases back, was that because of this issue?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  4. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Visited Samael in Ardoris and unable to pick up the quest line there. Tried Firing Samael and hiring Kardan Marbane, Karden just says:

Oh, no. I've heard where you are going, and your road is far too hazardous for the likes of me. I prefer to talk to spirits, not become one myself!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  5. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

@Lum the Mad

I re-ran Necropolis too to check I had not missed anything, this journal entry marks the farthest point I can reach:

?SAMAEL?: Her moment of her lucidity has passed, but we have already learned what we needed. Someone is calling the dead to Malice. Speak to me and I will discuss our next step.

I'm 100% sure this is a bug.

6. Lum the Mad

Yes, if Samael isn't spawning you won't be able to proceed. Checking now.

7. Lum the Mad

Tested and he spawns fine for me. If he is still unable to spawn for you please paste a /loc as that will tell me which instance of the crypt you are using.

Note that if you have a Summon Samael summon whistle from the crypt you will need to summon him that way.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah if you had Samael in Necropolis, he gives this to you at the beginning so check your inventory.

I also had to use that in QA since he was not there either, I am usually in SPO mode.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  9. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Hi @Lum the Mad

Here is the Loc:

Area: Crypt of the Avatar (Novia_R3_Hills01_CryptOfTheAvatar/Samael) Loc: (80.4, 25.4, 299.7) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjNfSGlsbHMwMV9DcnlwdE9mVGhlQXZhdGFyfFNhbWFlbHwoODAuNDM2LCAyNS40MzcsIDI5OS43MTgpfCgwLCAtMC44MTQsIDAsIDAuNTgxKXwxOTUuMjQ5NnwyOS4yMzQ4M3w3LjkzNTE0OA==

I checked my inventory before opening the thread, and I don't have a summoning whistle.
    Samael was my Spirit Talker for Necropolis but I did not recieve the whistle, I even re-ran Necropolis to see if it would be given on a second run, no joy.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  10. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Hi @Lum the Mad

Update, I found a summon whistle in my inventory, it was nested in a container.
    I did not think to check containers originally, since quest items can no longer be placed in containers.
    It appears that the summon whistle was missed on the quest item flagging pass and therefore was not forced to inventory top level like the rest of the quest items. Will post as a new bug now we know what the prob is.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  11. Beo Shadowstalker

Beo Shadowstalker Avatar

I had Samael all the way until after Thanatos, where i was entering Midras ruins. When i spawned into Midras, Samael wasn't with me? I can't find the whisle anywhere,a nd i checked all the bags in my inventory, no whistle there either =( Any tips on this? Is Samael supposed to be with me in Midras as well.

EDIT : oops, okay Samael was there when i got inside the Crypt. nevermind!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.