Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Not a bug] Items disappearing out of trunks, backpack - issue resolved! (My fault, not Port's)

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

1/28/2017 11:46 AM
    Title: Items disappearing out of trunks, backpack - SOLVED!
    Reproduction Rate: Not certain
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    - This began when I tried to place an empty bag on the floor in my Brittany Wharfs house beside the stacked trunks at this location:
    Area: Brittany Wharfs (Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs) Loc: (257.5, 30.0, 231.4)
    - The bag disappeared. I have had this sort of thing happen before, and at this point, I am *not* going to take down this house and all of its deco just to retrieve one empty bag - not worth it - and for that I would not have started this bug report. But . . .

- I then went upstairs and moved some items between a wardrobe and a trunk - I did not seem to have any issues with that.
    - Then I went to the following location to retrieve 2 recipes (for the circlets) that an alt account of mine had purchased yesterday. The permissions on the trunk are all Co-Owner. The recipes were not there.
    Area: Brittany Wharfs (Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs) Loc: (255.0, 35.2, 230.4)

- I went to my "closet" where I have a number of stacked trunks. I was going to move the ice bagpipes into the top trunk on the right which is renamed "Telethon Rewards." The bagpipes, which had been staring me in the face every time I moved something earlier were no longer in my backpack!
    Area: Brittany Wharfs (Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs) Loc: (260.0, 35.2, 229.3)

- I did what you would expect - I went back and looked in the wardrobe, in the trunk by the wardrobe, in the trunk I had expected to find the recipes. I exited to menu and resumed, I quit the game and restarted, and finally I ran back to the bank - just in case.

So at this point there is 1 missing bag (lost somewhere in the depths of the house), 2 missing recipes (which had been in a trunk), and missing ice bagpipes (which had been in my backpack!).

Additional Info:
    - None of the containers have 300 items (in fact, they have much less than that);
    - The alt account who purchased the 2 recipes does not have the recipes in his backpack.

Needless to say, I am now afraid to move anything/do anything on this character in this house (which is where I like to craft).

Steps to Reproduce: Not sure.

UPDATE - I just found the Frozen Bagpipes - they were in the wardrobe. I found them with a different (alt account) character. The 2 recipes are still missing. Then the game crashed, lol.

SOLVED! Found the 2 missing recipes. Not Port's fault but mine.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16299
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.546.Date.01.27.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
    Loc: (257.5, 30.0, 231.4)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  2. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Did you try changing the window size of the container when you opened it. I just recently noticed that sometimes my containers appear empty or to only show some things. But when I drag the bottom bar of the window down to make it bigger, the rest of the items appear. As if there's an invisible mask just hiding them from view.

3. Raven Swiftbow

That did not fix the issue(s).

Also - there is no where close to 300 items in any of these containers.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  4. Swett

Swett Avatar

I too seem to have had items disappear. Containers went to bank, but I am now missing a suit of fancy merchant and a spider legs back piece (crafted). I had seen them the day before the patch when I rummaged that box. All containers are well under limit.

5. Raven Swiftbow

@Swett, I would think that is a separate issue. If you have not submitted a bug report on it, you probably should.

6. Raven Swiftbow

SOLVED! Not Port's fault but mine.

The Frozen Bagpipes had gotten moved into the Wardrobe when I was moving things back and forth and I missed it.

The two missing recipes had *not* been put into the chest I thought I had put them into - I had ended up putting them into a different chest! (Mia culpa.)

7. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Raven Swiftbow, Hopefully this mystery has been solved? No Bug report issued.

8. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@runicpaine, Thanks for your help in trying to solve this mystery.

9. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Swett, Thanks for the additional information provided on this mystery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.