Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Not a Bug] Patterned merchants aren't worth near what their unpatterned selves were

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Fister Magee, Apr 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I bought a merchant for 20000gp from the Bank merchants. Normally, I can resell this item to any npc for half it's value, that is 10000gp.

I applied a merchant pattern to it, and afterwards its value to npc's has plummeted to 100gp, and nowhere near it's value before I applied the pattern.

I should be able to get 10000gp from an npc when selling a patterned merchant.

2. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

The value on "Vendor" is 100. The pattern does not influence to value of the underlying item. Only the visual information is replaced.

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

So if I sell my patterned vendor to an npc, I'll get at least 10000gp back? If so, I think the original value should be displayed somewhere. I'll try selling the merchant later today.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

while this is true, the npc's listing price doesn't necessarily match the base value that will be halved. in this case, it shows a value of 100 in the merchant's listing before you buy (and so has nothing to do with patterning):

[​IMG]

Jaesun and Fister Magee like this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Oh that is weird! I never noticed that. Hoping I can get half my money back! :) ... but why a different 'value' than the 'price'?

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this, i do not know. to encourage players to sell them to each other rather than to the npc, perhaps.

Jaesun and Fister Magee like this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

https://imgur.com/a/AlC5xaR

I'm only being offered 80gp from a deco merchant (who does, and should offer me best buy-back)... so... where's my +10000gp? Still a bug? Or does a pattern remove npc resale ability? Does a pattern remover fix this? <- if so, lame and unfair $$$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.