Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Not at all likin' my paunchy Knight

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by FrostII, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:mad:~Attention!' Gut In, Chest Out!~
    This Avatar is obviously slouching and pocking his poker out as if he's waiting for his mommy to give him some cookies...
    Gut in and chest out, this is why military men look so much more fit for command than the slouchy character above...

[​IMG]

I'm Just Sayin'... ;)
    "Are you waiting for your mommy to give you some cookies soldier? Then stand up strait!' :mad:

Unfit for any commanding presence, because he presents no bold presence within his body's expressions... While I'm at it, look at his chin and entire head facing downward as if humbled by something, so straiten up that head on our shoulders while we're at it... possibly straiten the spine a bit more may help improve much of it... :)
    ~Time Lord~:D

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

My mage who wear epic clothes also look like he's been drinking six pack of beer without working out for months .

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The avatar has very poor posture. If you look on the internet for images of good posture, the line should go through the ear, through the shoulder and down through the thighs.
    [​IMG]

5. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

Avatar is in a state of perpetual hip thrust...

Time Lord and Marcus Antoninus like this.
  6. Gix

Gix Avatar

The pose is fine; the issue is that most clothing and armor gives your character an exaggerated belly. This is likely an issue with rigging old clothing to the new avatar model... then again that was also an issue with the old avatar too.

Most games don't have that issue because the clothing is part of the character's mesh... In SotA's case, it's a separate item where the closer to clothes are to the skin, the more issues you end up having while bending limbs. You create more space between the skin and the clothing to compensate.

The devs need to look at Bethesda's work; they seem to know how to do it reasonably well.

7. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

Wrong. very poor posture, and if by chance the parted tunic makes you look fat, I want a pull over. lol ol boy's back is bend all out of shape. An old joke we told in HS, ya know how ya can tell if a chick is Hot, "Her back is bent all out of shape. "

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Gix

Gix Avatar

Wrong. It's far from being the greatest but it's not a very poor posture either... not that it matters because that's not what the OP is talking about anyways.

Before you start judging things based on guidelines, you kind of need to put the guides in the proper place. The FEET are the foundation of any pose and you somehow managed to center that from the ankle; you need to move that line forward to where the ankle intersects with the foot. It's the center of gravity.

[​IMG]

The only thing I'd say that stands out is that the shoulder is too far back. The pelvis is slightly tilted forward too.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Will adding a post to this thread show up in What's New in R30 ?

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Not to mention the oversized abs he has that were modeled after modern body builders is a result of people using growth hormones as they cycle off anabolic steroids so they pass a pee test before competitions.

Abs should be moderately sized and waistlines slim. Go look at Arnolds Mr Olympia photos from the 80s... no insulin belly.

Not complaining, just food for thought.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Time Lord and Kara Brae like this.
  12. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It would be cool if their posture and build improves as you train to a higher level :) BUT probably not actually happening lol

I also put on my chainmail and laughed at how much it looks like I enjoy beer too much! But I don't drink! :(

What does the female model look like.. any better though?

Time Lord likes this.
  13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

RG AKA LB actually said in the post telethon PVP event "why does my character have a gut". He had chain on lol

Time Lord and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.