Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Not gaining skills, even with a large XP pool

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by sinodox, Nov 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinodox

sinodox Avatar

So now I have two weapon skills that are not increasing from use. One skill is at 48 and another at 40. I have a pool of over 350K. I talked to an experience player in game and they walked me through the system, to no success. He directed me to the bug forum. I've only been playing for a week, so hopefully there is a solution on hand so I may continue to be part of the community.

11/07/2018 14:36
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 8129
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R9 290X GPU RAM: 4071
    SotA.Win.64.862.Date.11.02.18
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (34.5, 182.6, -396.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KDM0LjUzLCAxODIuNjI1LCAtMzk2LjI0NCl8KDAsIDAuMDUzLCAwLCAwLjk5OSl8MTQ0Mi44NDJ8Ni44Mzc3NTN8Ny4yMzUwMjI=

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well a couple of things slow down your rate to raise skills. After 40 if you have not set skills to maintain while you just train 1 or two your skills will raise much slower and also if you try killing more difficult mobs that should raise you. Mobs that are green to you won't raise you as fast. And no matter your skill level you are part of the community. I'm Majoria in game if I can ever help. Welcome to the game @sinodox

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Can you provide some more information?

1. Which specific skills are you talking about?
    2. Are you "attacking something" or just using the skill?
    3. Can you provide a screenshot of your weapon skill sheet (Hit K to open skills, go to the weapon(s) you are referring to, hit F11 to take a screenshot) and post an image of it here?

Elwyn likes this.
  4. sinodox

sinodox Avatar

So this is embarrassing. I logged back in to provide the screenshot, but first went back into the 3 skull zone annnd what do you know its leveling. I was using the skill in a 3 skull zone and I swear I had it set to train/green arrow. I'm going to blame my color blindness here because maybe had it set to red arrow and not green arrow.

Well I went and found the Published_Player_Instructions and read it. I guess conventional gaming wisdom of exp and leveling does not apply here. I like it.

Anyways, thank you for the quick replies.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No worries. I am happy you figured it out. I am not new and of course I have times like that, oh and I'm not color blind either. What's my excuse *sighs* ;)

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Don't worry, it's normal for a skill to be on/off when you thought it was the other way. It's one of those Murphy's Law things. And the colors are rather hard to distinguish with partial color blindness. For me, the closer to brown things are, and the smaller and farther apart they are, the harder it is to see color differences. At least the shape is more or less unambiguous, and there are tooltips. At least it's easier to see that a skill is off than to find out which one is on and sucking your XP dry, unless you catch it in the middle of a level-up woosh.

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

A while back, I was micromanaging my skill/experience pool and carelessly clicked once too many on a challenging and important skill, setting it to unlearn. :oops:

Happens to the best of us! And me, too, I suppose.

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well, we always asked for mini games. I guess we can count active skill management as one ^^

Jaesun and Jason_M like this.
  9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Skill pool management and skill learning should be part of the new player tutorial, is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.